Obsession I

AUTHOR'S FACT :-
Author prefers burger over pizza. What do you love more??? Comment below!!!
_______________________________________
NARRATOR'S P.O.V

A beautiful day in the valley. The birds tweeted over the branches and bunnies played among the bushes. The herbivores browsed on the bushes and small trees while the milkman pastured their cows on the green meadows. The annual fete preparations was on it's pinnacle. The natives were unflaggingly preparing for the fete. Keshav, the tailor, was already bombarded with the huge list of fabrics he need to sew in time before the carnival. Besides the town ladies weren't some patient creature no how. The committee had already decided about the shops the fete is going to host. Eatables were obviously on the list, then came the clothes and jewellery, after that some stuff like toys, cosmetics and even liquor was included in the list. Needless to say that the rides and swings were also not unlooked by the committee dignitaries. Howbeit the natives were in a tad bit of apprehension. Perhaps because last time during the carnival, the King wasn't very pleased with the celebration. He seemed a bit displeased with the natives hosting the carnival on 'his ground'. Who knows if he is left agitated with this fete too. Although he hadn't showed any sort of displeasure or vexation so far but nothing can be said for future after all the royals tend to have an unsound temper.

Sharanya stood by the window, looking at the lilliputian figures engrossed in the fete set up. She could see the tiny exuberant figures seemingly dancing around the fete ground in joy. A sigh escaped her lips as she stared down at the zestful folks of the town.
"Huh!!!!! Why can't I just enjoy the fete like them!!!!! " she sighed pitifully as she looked at the folks. She genuinely wanted to go out there and participate in the fete preparations. She always liked gatherings after all, she knew their would be so much fun. All the girls of her age would be together, they must be laughing and gossiping and having fun. And here she was, all alone and sad. If she had the chance, she would definitely sneak out of the castle and go amongst the natives just for a couple of hours. It wasn't like she hated the castle king but with him behaving so obsessively and possessively, she couldn't love him either. All she wants is to go in the fete but her husband is obdurate on not letting her. She is tired of being immured inside this castle.
"Good morning baby!!! " an abrupt familiar voice came from behind. She flinched and turned to find her husband standing and beaming at her. Today howbeit she had no mood to return him with a smile. Hence he grew anxious.
"I thought you were still asleep.!!!! Anything special which had woke you up early!! " he asked trying to build up a conversation. She sighed as she looked back at the half set up fete.
"Nothing which might bother you!!! " she whispered with her eyes fixed on the fete. He was taken aback by her reply, perhaps because he wasn't anticipating that.
"Baby why are you talking like this!!! Have I done something wrong???? " he asked anxiously as just an infinitesimal thought of her being upset with him made his heart clench. She closed her eyes and huffed, resting her gaze upon his anxiety struken face.
"Mr Singhala, I want to go in the fete......please hear me once before you go crazy over my resolution.......!!!! Please......!!!!! I am tired of being stuck inside this castle, I just wanna go out in the town!!! I am not asking for much. Besides we both can go together!!!! It will be fun!!! " she said softly with hope. With this being said by her, his eyes darkened. He still couldn't figure out why she was so desperate in going amongst those imbecile folks. He has provided her with everything here yet still she is asking for going out. Why can't she understand, he can't do that???? He is a werewolf and hence he can't help but grow more obsessive and possessive over her.
"Baby I thought we had already talked about it!!! I thought everything was settled than why this topic is being brought up again and again!!!! You know I will say no, no matter how many times you request me!!!! Did you understand!!!! I don't like to rebuff your pleas again and again, so please try to understand!!!! " he said with a sharp tone. She looked up at him and started.
"Please just once. I wanna enjoy like them too!!! What's so wrong in that??? Why are you behaving like this with me???? Don't you like when I am happy!!!! " she argued looking into his eyes. He clenched his fist as he wasn't appreciating the topic of her arguing. The only thing he hated is when she is infront of someone else's eyes and she is actually asking him to let her do what he despises the most. And their is not a slightest bit of chance that he would let her precious mate do that.
"Baby you know it's impossible!!! And that's all I have to say!!! I want no further debate on this.......OK!!! I am sending the breakfast here, have your breakfast and come in the garden, the florist wants you to choose the new saplings. " he declared as he turned his heels to move outside so as to not indulge in any further dialogue with her because he knew the longer he stayed, the more she will argue.
"Mr Singhala, Please.!!!! How can you even say that!!!! All I had ever asked you is to go to the fete!!!! Can't you grant me this tiny wish!!!! How can you be so stone hearted!!!! You can't behave so........"
"OH STOP IT SHARANYA!!! WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND A SIMPLE THING.!!!! WHEN I SAID NO, THAT MEANS IT'S A FUCKING NO!!!! WILL YOU STOP BEING SO DUMB SHARANYA!!!! YOU ARE LITERALLY GETTING ON MY NERVE!!!!! " he yelled and she flinched at his angry voice. Her eyes brimmed with tears when she saw the castle king yelling on her. He on the other hand was panting heavily after that terrible outburst, his short temper needed to be held accountable for that. But realisation hit him some time later and when it did the damage was already done. When his senses came, he saw his lovely wife crying and instead of his fists, his heart clenched. He immediately stretched his hands to cup her cheeks but she was quick enough to step back and he sighed in remorse.
"Shara......."
"Thank you so much!!! " she whispered as tears slipped down her eyes. He looked at her remorsefully. It was all his fault, if only he had kept his temper at bay. She looked at him in disdain as she run past him, sobbing.
"Sharanya, my love, please listen!!! " he said as he ran behind her.