The Past I

AUTHOR'S FACT :-
Author's favourite festival is Diwali. What's yours???? Comment down below.
_______________________________________
NARRATOR'S P.O.V

Sun shined brightly in the sky. Summers had already showed it's presence in the early days of May. The weather was expected to not deviate until mid June as that's when the monsoon rains began. All in all nobody had any complaints with the weather, contrastingly they all were traced celebrating the early summer. The annual fete was just one week away and therefore the organisers were in chaos. Quite a few work were still unfinished and the biggest job of them all was to persuade the Dark King. The hearsay was no longer a hearsay but a vicious reality. It was confirmed by the town dignitaries as although the King hadn't showed his repulsion on the fete yet he wasn't overjoyed with it. The reason behind it comes through the medium of Joy the barber, that a fight broke out between the royal couple due to the fete and queen was seriously angry with the King. Although the King had wooed his angry wife by now yet somewhere in him the rage against the fete is still intact and that wasn't a good sign for the natives. Therefore the town's committee had taken matters into their hands to anyhow persuade the King or else the natives will murder them for sure.

In the castle, the queen was seen sitting on the King's chesterfield chair and reading a book. She had her favourite lemon tea with her. Abruptly she heard the sound of twisting of the doorknob, she furrowed her brows as she looked at the door in curiosity. After a second the door was gently opened and incame her husband. She sighed. However she recalled that she was angry with him for fighting with her, hence she didn't say anything and looked back into her book. He saw that and sighed pitifully. Nevertheless presently he was here for some other business which ardently required her attention. Therefore he slowly strode towards her and stood near her. After that he cleared his throat to which she inwardly chuckled.
"Um. I........!!!!! Can I talk to you for a moment??? " he somehow formed a sentence. She closed her book and kept it aside and than looked at him.
"Why???? Am I not dumb!!!! " she said folding her arms. His face showed that he would start crying any moment.
"No you're not dumb!!! I am dumb!!! " he said in a voice not far away from crying. She rolled her eyes at him.
"No my Lord!!! You're the Dark King, how can you be dumb!!!! It's me who is dumb!!! " she said with gritted teeth and tears brimmed in his eyes. For a moment she felt bad for him but she knew she needed to teach him a lesson, he needs to learn how to control his temper. He wiped his tears from the corner of his eyes and sniffed.
"I am sorry!!! " he whispered as he sniffed.
"Sorry not accepted!!! " she declared and he looked at her heartbroken. He knew he had hurted her and was dealing with the consequences of that.
"Sharanya please!!!! " he pleaded but she turned back.
"If you have anything important to say than please.....if not than I am not free!!!! " her reply was clear cut which shattered his heart into million pieces. He sighed wiping his tears and started.
"I wanted to take you somewhere......wanted to show you something!!!! " he whispered unable to look at her. She looked at him in perplexity. What was he talking about??? However something in her told him to say yes.
"Fine but quickly!!!!" she told him folding her arms. He nodded as he beckoned her to egress out of the room with him. She did so and followed him to downstairs. He proceeded towards the throne room for some obscured reason and she obviously followed him. Nevertheless in the throne room, he went towards the throne and pulled up the curtains behind the throne. For a moment she was rigid when she saw a door behind the mauve curtains. Sums up why the curtains were never pulled up.
"Please!!! " he beckoned her to come inside and she followed him although curious and perplexed. Inside the door was a huge hall or some sort of it. For the most part it was void and the only thing occupying the hall was a grand desk, few chairs and a.......canvas. Her eyebrows furrowed.
"What is this??? " she couldn't control her curiosity and asked. He sighed as he looked at her with a sense of remorse and sadness in his eyes.
"Sharanya I want to tell you something.......but promise me you'll hear me first......after that whatever you want you can do!!!! " he whispered in a croaking voice as he looked at her with his teary eyes. She was scared now after all he seldom behaves like that. She ran towards him and cupped his face.
"Mr Singhala what has happened??? Is everything alright!!!! " she asked anxiously wiping his tears. He held her little hands in his and kissed them before starting.
"Here let me show it to you!!! " he said softly as he marched towards the painting and slowly turned it towards her. She gasped as she saw her own painting although the clothes she was wearing in the painting were alien to her as she couldn't remember wearing them.
"That's me but I don't remember wearing these clothes!!! " she chuckled but he was silent which obviously was perturbing. After a moment of pause he began.
"I told you that I saw you first time in the castle........." he said and she nodded with no scruple. He gulped as tears build up in the corner of his eyes.
"That's not true!!!! " he said and she gasped.
"Our story starts way before you broke my curse!!! " he sat on the chair with a thud and sniffed. He ran his fingers under his thick hairs.
"It all started when that yogi stumbled from infinity to my castle and divulged certain things which bewildered me.............."