Beast's obsession.....

NARRATOR'S P.O.V

A new day in the town of shivalaya. The day was quite ordinary with the sun shining brightly and accustomed chilly breeze gusting across the town. Mountains looked enchanting as always. Tiny puddles could be seen all across the town as it had rain heavily this morning. Howbeit now the sky was quite clear. Farmers and labours could be seen in the meadows toiling tirelessly. The pleasant earthy smell was enshrouded the whole town. Though everything appeared ordinary yet there was something not right in the town. The reason was a fearsome creature. Few people in the town chiefly the ones who work close to the castle have seen a devilish creature. Everyone has their own tale to narrate regarding their encounter with the cruel creature but the thing which was recurring in all of those stories was that each and everyone has seen the creature on the keep of the castle. And trust them, he was the most terrifying creature on earth.

The theory of the castle monster was discarded by some over smart people residing in the town. For them it was mere a cretinous story which was being created by the town people itself. Manohar, the town's only cobbler had seen the creature the other day and after seeing him he got 104° fever. He is still in the hospital and the poor man had not uttered a single thing apart from 'Beast is free ' since the previous day. He was not the only one who has seen the beast, there were few other people too. Chandar the goldsmith, Bhuvan the canteen shop owner and few more. But the most peculiar encounter was with Shikhar Tandon, a 12th grade teacher. He was among those town folks who mocked the town's old people, the people who believed in the myth of the castle beast. So when he himself concede that he saw the beast, the people of the town couldn't help but feel scared. Because they knew shikhar never lies. According to shikhar, he was coming back from his evening walk when he saw someone standing on the keep of the castle. He looked closely to find it wasn't a human but a monster who was standing there gazing at the whole town. His legs turned jelly seeing him, he wanted to run but couldn't. But then the monster looked at him and believe him the monster smiled at him. Some people believed him while some wanted to admit him in the mental hospital.

Low murmurings could be heard inside the castle. The meeting hall was thronged with the alphas and some other prominent people. Slaves were standing on the left corner with their heads down. Everyone was patiently waiting for the evil king to arrive. He was already late but no one could dare to question him. After all no one wants to die. If the Dark King only sticked to killing than also their would have been no issue but they were aware that the cruel monster favors sadistic torture rather than killing. And trust them they would be contented to accept death rather than suffer years of torture from his hands. Besides the Dark Lord was famed for his sadistic torture. His favorite hobby was to torture people, chiefly innocent people. He loved it when they beg for forgiveness, it made him feel powerful. Before he was cursed his first priority was his power and his throne, but after he was curse free his priority was his mate. His sweet, innocent and not to mention extremely beautiful mate. He no doubt desired to conquer the earth once again but at the same time wanted to make her his queen. He wanted to rule the earth but not without her. She was now his utmost priority. She was his love, his madness, his obsession.

And finally the Dark Lord arrived. Marching through the door with power. His most loyal man followed him. He walked inside without even sparing a glance at the people patiently waiting for him. Contrary to the coronation ceremony day, today he was decently dressed. He was wearing a three piece suit, looking like a decent man even though that's far from truth. He sat on his throne like a king. He gazed in the front and beckoned his loyal man to speak.
"The Dark King is here. You can tell him what is troubling you. " his man said. One alpha stood up from his chair.
"Long Live the King. " he said bowing down. The Dark King smirked. He liked it.
"My Lord we all are here to discuss about the rogue problems. From years we are facing this problem. We have tried to track down the rogues but with little success. My Lord only you can help us. " the alpha said keeping his voice low. The King sighed. Rogue problems, it wasn't a major issue for him. He knew his name was ample to freak out those filthy rogues.
"I'll find out about the rogues and will hunt them down. " the Dark King said. The Alpha bowed down once again.
"Anyone else. " his man asked. A man in his early 30s stood up, he wasn't an alpha maybe beta.
"My Lord I don't have any query but I have a news for you instead." he said with a grin. The king raised his brow.
"My Lord I live a few houses away from our queen's house. " he said. The Dark King smiled as his thoughts went to his mate.