24. Aftermath (UPDATED)

Deep in the forest of Ifvnar, where the air had settled into its usual eerie calm and become quiet after the end of a battle, in an area just a few hundred metres away from the crystalline lake —the atmosphere suddenly grew cold before the air seemed to crack open and a portal very slowly opened.

When it was big enough for a whole person to pass  a foot appeared and then an entire person, dressed in black dress shoes, blue jeans and a white shirt, sporting a black coat that nearly reached his ankles, a young man stepped through the portal. He looked elegant and relaxed as if the worlds troubles could be solved with nothing but a breath to him. His visage was picturesque and beautiful.

He didn't at all fit in a place like Ledris let alone Ifvnar, anyone who looked at him would be able to tell he did not belong here in this world.

When he finished stepping through the portal, his gaze fell upon a figure that lay on the ground. The figure was breathing heavily with a pool of deep red blood beneath it, created from the various wounds on its body.

It wasn't easy to spot the wounds or blood since the beast was covered in dark fur. Its eyelids were half closed, so the young man could only faintly see the amber eyes that were void of their usual fiery shine.

The young man sighed, walking towards the black furred creature. He squatted and reached out softly patting its head, his pale hand was immediately stained with red blood, "Eunyoung, what happened to you? If it wasn't for the contract I wouldn't have known anything and you would might've died." Eunyoung had used the contract to borrow power from him despite the repercussions of such an action. That's how he'd known that she was in danger and had rushed back to Ifvnar.

Even if they were contracted to each other, borrowing the attributed power of a being stronger than yourself was dangerous. He was much much stronger than her and his attributes weren't ordinary so it was no wonder she was so torn up now.

He looked over and saw a massive python laying on the ground with roots of various trees stabbed into its body. It looked like it'd been forcefully pulled apart as some of the tree branches and roots were deeply stabbed into its body. There were also parts of it that looked scorched or completely blackened.

They young man's golden eyes turned dark, "corruption?" He said taking a step closer to the python, he examined it ripped up body. "It turned into a night creature... a beast of this size... this isn't right."

Suddenly, the young man stretched out his hand and muttered "open the contract"  following his words a bright light sparked in front of him and a scroll appeared above his palm, it was a scroll fabricated entirely of spirit and he took it in his hands. The young man imbued his spirit into the contract and willed it to show him through Eunyoung's eyes what was happening when she borrowed his power. This was something not just anyone could do even if they were contracted to a beast.

Immediately the scroll glowed furiously and as if they were his own memories images started to play out in the young man's head.

~Flashback~

Let this be the last time we meet

-I agree

Eunyoung was aware that her power would not be enough for this opponent so she decided to resort to her last option.

[Open the contract] she said and the glowing scroll that only she could see appeared before her. There was a warning on the contract stating that borrowing power from someone stronger than her was dangerous. Eunyoung ignored the warning because she knew her master had an element that worked against corruption and she needed it right now otherwise she couldn't beat Rui.