Ex (Redlyn)

A/N: No idea what this is. I was trying to write more of a different story and it really didn't fit. So here...

Ashlyn was talking to Big Red (her boyfriend of 6 years, fiancé of a few weeks) when her phone rang. Closing the door behind her, she picked up. "Yeah?"

"Hi."

"Uh... Oliver?"

"What Ash?"

"Please don't call me Ash." Ashlyn muttered. "We haven't talked in years."

Oliver was Ashlyn's ex boyfriend. He had cheated on her. At that point, she would've said he broke her heart. Now she knew it was just a little bit of pain, Big Red leaving her would break her heart.

"I just wanted to congratulate you." Oliver said.

"On what?"

"Some dude proposed to you, right?"

"Some dude? He's the love of my life!"

"Chill out." He interrupted Ashlyn, who would probably ramble on for minutes if he didn't. "I don't know him. I'm just saying congrats."

"That's it?"

"Yeah. He's lucky. I shouldn't have cheated on you."

"Duh..."

"Shouldn't have left you at all."

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" Ashlyn asked.

"Ashlyn? Who're you talking to?" Big Red asked from the other room.

"Uh..." She opened the door and glanced at him. She thought he looked so cute sitting there. "My ex." She didn't want to lie.

"Why?"

"I don't know. He's a jerk."

"He's flirting?" Big Red raised an eyebrow.

"Uh... yeah." Ashlyn looked down.

"Still there?" She heard Oliver say.

"One sec, yeah."

"Give me your phone." Big Red smiled at her. "Please."

"Go for it." Ashlyn tossed him her phone.

"Um, hello?" Oliver said.

"Hi." Big Red's caught the phone.

"Who are you?"

"Ashlyn's boyfriend. So stop talking to her, we've got enough going on. She doesn't want to hear from you."

"Dude, I didn't say anything." He retorted.

"Oh?" He put the phone on speaker. "What did he say Ash?"

"He said he shouldn't have left me."

"I was just saying she's nice! Really, really pretty."

"I don't care if you meant to flirt or compliment her. You're making her uncomfortable. And me."

"So?"

"Just lose her number. Don't talk to her again. Or text."

"Ugh, whatever. Not worth it if you're gonna be annoying." Oliver hung up.

"Thank you honey." Ashlyn sat by Big Red and put her chin on his shoulder, frowning.

"Not a problem. He really is a jerk." He kissed her cheek. "Tell me if he bugs you again."

"Try to stop me." She muttered. "I hate him."

"No one like that deserves you." Big Red kissed her cheek again.