Want a Ride?

A/N: Another crush one shot

Big Red had no feelings for Ashlyn. Ashlyn had no feelings for Big Red. None whatsoever. They never had, and they never would.

That's what each of them told their friends. It was far from true.

They both tried to push back their feelings, because neither of them believed the other could ever have feelings for the other. Of course, this was also far from true. All their friends knew they liked each other. They attempted to flirt from time to time, blushing. But they still didn't realize the other person liked themself.

"Your turn!" Nini said. They were all playing truth or dare, much to Ashlyn's dismay. She didn't find the game very fun, and she knew her friends would try to get something out of her. "Truth or dare?"

"I- uh- truth." Ashlyn decided. Nini looked at the list of truth questions. They were all aware they weren't the best questions, and they were overused, but they played anyway.

"Who here would you most like to be stuck on a desert island with?"

"Uh..." The choices were Nini, Big Red, EJ, Ricky, Gina, Kourtney, Seb, and Carlos. "Can I have another one? I don't really know." She lied.

"Um, sure." Nini nodded. "What's the most recent text you've sent to your crush?"

"I- I don't have one." Ashlyn lied, though everyone saw her glance at Big Red briefly. Everyone except him.

"Yeah you do."

"No I don't!" Ashlyn said. She couldn't admit her feelings.

"Woah, Ash, calm down."

"Nin—" Ashlyn cut herself off. She realized it wasn't Nini, it was Big Red. "Oh, um... yeah."

"Fine. Read the last text you sent, then." Nini compromised.

"Fine." She was annoyed, and therefore didn't think before reading the text. "No, I don't have feelings for Big R— uh... look at that. My mom texted. I gotta go." Ashlyn jumped up and ran out.

There was a moment of silence. "...Me?" Big Red asked.

"Yeah. But it was a total lie." Nini added.

"Dude, we keep telling you she likes you." Ricky added. Everyone else nodded.

"You heard her." Big Red said, his heart sinking. "She doesn't have a crush, and she doesn't have feelings for me." He paused, before finishing quickly. "Not that I have feelings for her either, obviously!"

"You wanna prove that?"

"Uh, um, I guess." He nodded.

"Go after her."

"That'll make her think I like her."

"We'll see what happens, so just go. Plus, none of us want her to leave anyway." Ricky demanded.

"Fine. But if this goes wrong, it's your fault." Big Red got up and walked outside. "Ashlyn!" He ran towards her. He could hardly see her, she must have been walking fast. She didn't reply, but stopped walking. He managed to catch up with her. "Want a ride home?"

"No."

"Oh come on, no use walking."

"I don't need your pity ride." She mumbled.

"It's a ride, not a pity ride..." Big Red trailed off. "All you said was you don't have feelings for me. You shouldn't be embarrassed, I believe you." He said, briefly turning his head away from Ashlyn to wipe a tear of his face.