Proposal (Part 3)

Read the other 2 parts if u haven't— and there will be one more :))

Ashlyn was originally nervous about how much time she was spending with Big Red. Was it immature how excited they were about their engagement? Maybe they really were to young to be married.

It only took one walk to think things over for her realize that, yes they were excited. But additionally, she had just graduated college and both of them only had day jobs, so of course they had more time together. Being excited made sense, especially because they had yet to tell anyone, meaning they couldn't ramble about it to anyone else.

"Babe?" Big Red asked Ashlyn, rolling over to face her as they laid in bed, trying to fall asleep. It had been two weeks since she proposed.

"Yeah?" She asked, groggily scooting closer and hugged him, setting her head on his chest. He ran his fingers through her hair, getting warmer from the weight off her head.

"When are we gonna tell our parents?"

"I don't care." She shrugged. "Can we tell your parents first? I know they'll react well, which might make me a little more hopeful for telling mine."

"Didn't they get married pretty young?"

"Sometimes they're a bit hypocritical." She mumbled. "I don't really care what they think, but I want the first people we tell to be supportive."

"That works with me. We've gotta get our friends together soon, I can't wait to tell them either." He said with a dreamy sigh.

"Yeah, we should go into Salt Lake soon." She yawned.

"Goodnight lovely." He said, a bit dramatically, kissed the top of her head mindlessly. He pulled the blanket over them up higher, nearly covering Ashlyn's face, smiling.

"Night hon." She replied.

~

Due to the amount of work Ashlyn and Big Red had, it was another 3 weeks before they managed a trip to Salt Lake City. They didn't want to tell anyone over the phone, so there they were, parked in Big Red's parents' driveway. They shared a glance.

"You nervous?" She asked.

"A little, you?"

"Yeah." She laughed lightly. "I'm just not sure how we're supposed to say it."

"Uh... let's just see what happens, right?" He responded, getting out of the car. She got out too, rubbing his hand when they were close again. They walked up to the porch, knocking on the door. Since his parents knew they were coming, his mom quickly answered.

"Hi!" Mrs. Redonovitch greeted them both with a hug. "Your dad-" she looked at Ashlyn. "-and practically your father-in-law, isn't home yet."

"Yeah, okay, that's fine." Big Red said, walking inside. Ashlyn, taking a seat on the couch beside him, suddenly felt awkward. 'Practically your father-in-law?' It was only a matter of months, but it was happening.

"How have you been?" Mrs. Redonovitch asked excitedly. "We haven't seen you in so long!"

"Um, pretty good." Ashlyn replied.

"Anything exciting happen?" She asked.

"Not really." She shrugged, knowing they needed to wait for his dad, and sliding her engagement ring into her pocket carefully.

"Not much has really happened since her graduation." Big Red replied, putting his arm around her.

"I almost forgot! Congratulations again."