Broken

A/N: spoilers for episode 10

After Ricky falls

Big Red's POV

I ran over to my best friend, as did everyone else there. I couldn't guess how far he had fallen, but it was definitely too far. He groaned. "You okay?" I asked, even though it was a stupid question. We all kept checking on him, until I noticed Ashlyn squinting as if she was trying to hold herself together, also looking in pain. As much as I love my best friend, he had everyone else checking on him, I had done so for a minute, and I also loved Ashlyn. I went over to her. "Are you okay?" I asked. This time the question made sense.

"My..." she looked down at her arm, which I realized was caught under Ricky. "Arm..."

"Okay, um, can you move it?" I asked in a panic.

"It's under something, so no."

"Can you move it from under Ricky?" I questioned.

"It hurts." She whined.

"Can Ricky, like, stand up?" I asked everyone. "Or did something really bad happen?"

"I can try." Ricky replied. He didn't make it all the way off the ground, currently hurting too much, but as his back rose off the ground I gently pulled my girlfriend's arm out from underneath before looking at it.

"Can you... come closer?" Ashlyn asked quietly, moving her arm away from me. I nodded and scooted closer. With her unharmed arm, she gave me a hug, crying lightly into my shoulder.

"You'll be okay." I hugged her tightly.

"It hurts so bad."

"It might feel better by tomorrow, you never know." I kissed her cheek.

"Maybe." She said, trying to follow my optimism. "But it feels like..."

"Yes?"

"Oh, no... back in 4th grade I broke my leg, and— it feels broken."

"Okay, then we'll get you to the hospital, right?" I forced a smile, panicking on the inside, and picked her up bridal style. I started walking to my car.

"I can walk."

"Just thought it might be nice?"

"Thanks." She nodded.

"And maybe take deep breaths or something, try to stay calm." I told her, which was also what I should have been doing rather than my current state of fear.

I know both of them getting hurt wasn't my fault, but something about being in control of the rope when Ricky fell was odd. It was because the rope broke, but it felt like the rope was in my hands and somehow it wouldn't have broken otherwise. It was dumb, but was the way I was freaking out, something I didn't have time to focus on.

We got in my car and I started driving. I looked at Ashlyn from time to time, who had a look of pain on her face. I glanced at her arm, which was swelling. "Hang in there Ash, we'll be there soon."

"I know." She nodded. "It's just... hard to explain how much it hurts." She said, making me frown more than I already had been. I hated people I loved in pain.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Hey, how are you?" I sat by my girlfriend who had just woken from a surgery and now had a cast on her left arm.

"Drowsy and in pain." Ashlyn replied.

"So not the best feelings." I kissed her forehead.

"What happened with Ricky?"

"Always caring about others even when you're hurting." I smiled slightly. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Anyways, Ricky broke his arm too. He's definitely got pain in other places, but so far as broke bones go, just the arm." I told her.

"Okay." She nodded. "Hope he feels better."

"Me too. And you. How are you?"

"Same as a minute ago Biggie." She smiled.

"But happier!" I kissed her. "So me asking too many times does help."

"Thank you, for that and for taking me."

"Of course." I smiled before it faltered. "You were hurting."

"I'm good." She reminded me.

"Just, when you get to go home, tell me when you need anything, 'kay?"

"Thanks."

"Biggie?" Ashlyn had FaceTimed me.

"What's up?"

"My parents are going out of town for work, and since I've been home for 2 days, I'm just kinda scared to be alone. If my arm hurts or something."

"I can come over for awhile?" I offered. "But I'm sure there's nothing to worry about."

"I know, but... yeah, that would be nice. Thanks."

"Anytime. Love seeing you anyways."

"Me too." She smiled.

"Be there soon." I told her before hanging up. I was home alone, so I didn't tell anyone I was leaving, and quickly drove to Ashlyn's house and knocked on the door. She opened, and I hugged her.

"Hey."

"Hey Ash." I kissed her.

"Come on in." She smiled, going to sit on the couch. I followed and put my arm around her.

"Whatcha been up to?"

"Just watching movies. Enjoying the time alone. Last time I was alone for awhile was Spring break, and EJ was... a lot." She said. I laughed. "But sometimes alone isn't as fun."

"True." I grinned. She cuddled into me. "Whatcha wanna do?"

"I don't really care."

"Me neither."

"Movie?"

"That works." I agreed. She put on a movie, leaning on my shoulder. It wasn't long before she fell asleep, and it wasn't much longer before I fell asleep too.