Homecoming

"Antione—" Ashlyn was interrupted by Antione kissing her. They were going to homecoming together that night, which was only their first date. A few seconds later they pulled back. "What should I—"

"Shh." He kissed her again. She pulled back.

"I just wanna know what I should wear." She said.

"Anything that looks good, I don't know." He shrugged.

"Got it." She left her locker and went to Big Red's, her best friend.

"Hey, what's up?" He smiled at her as he closed his locker.

"You know how I told you I'm going to homecoming with Antione?"

"Vaguely." He nodded, the subject sore to him.

"I don't really know what to wear since he only asked me yesterday, could you come over and help if you're free?"

"I know next to nothing about fashion Lyn." He told her. "Which you happen to be great at, or you just make everything work."

"Moral support? And thanks." She smiled.

"Sure." He smiled. "I've gotta get to class, see you later."

"Yeah, bye." She hugged him before they both parted ways. He took a deep breath as he walked to class, lost in his thoughts.

"Come on, it's been an hour and we haven't danced." Ashlyn complained to Antione. Most of their friend group was dancing, minus Big Red who was silently at the same table as them, his eyes either jealously looking at every dancing or Antione, while his gaze softened every time he looked at Ashlyn. She was on a date, he couldn't admit his feelings for her, no matter how much he... liked... her.

"I told you, I'm not feeling like it."

"Just one?" She asked, her disappointment coming through. "It would really make the date."

"Not now." He declined.

Big Red watched them argue, his grip on his cup squishing it before he noticed and let go. "If you want to be her boyfriend, give her one quick dance."

"Uh... thanks." She gave him a thankful smile.

"I'm just not in the mood." Antione declined again. "So shut up."

"You shut up and treat Ash well! She deserves the world. If you can't give her 3 minutes of dancing, which we know you can dance, then what are you even willing to give her? She loves dancing."

"It's fine." Ashlyn mumbled.

"Oh, hey, Bonnie." Antione smiled as a girl, who had been jealously eyeing them, walked over.

"Who's this?" Ashlyn furrowed her eyebrows.

"Bonnie."

"Who's that?"

"My ex." He told her. Ashlyn frowned.

"Which was a horrible mistake. I still love you." Bonnie said. "Can we talk?"

"Of course." He lightly smirked before walking off hand in hand with Bonnie.

"Are you gonna be back?" Ashlyn asked, trailing off as they left. Big Red moved to the seat Antione had been in and hugged her.

"It's alright Lyn." He whispered.

"Yeah. It's not like I loved him or anything, I was just hoping someone would actually like me back."

"Anyone would be a fool not to absolute love you." He told her, pulling back from the hug to smile at her. She pulled him back into the hug by his jacket, hugging him tightly.

"You too."

"Ashlyn, I, um... personally, uh, I like you."

"What?" She asked, taken aback.

"Oh, great." He sighed. "Okay, I still wanna be your friend, Ash. This... well this doesn't have to change anything. It's not like I'm in love with you or anything— I take that back, sorry— friend?"

"You never shut up." She laughed lightly. "I'll be honest, my hopes were always out for you. I just never really saw it happening."

"Really?" He couldn't help the huge grin spreading across his face when she nodded. "So, uh, it probably is too fast to say that I love you."

"I mean... platonically, we've said it before, and, um— yeah, I think I love you too."

"Okay, now I've only got two questions."

"Yeah?"

"1: Can I kiss you? And 2: Could I have a dance?" He asked.

"Smooth." She giggled before she kissed him. He kissed her back. Her arms went to rest around his neck as if they were already dancing. "Yeah... I definitely love you."

"What better way to celebrate that than the dance you deserve?" He reached his hand out to her.

"Right now, I wouldn't say there's any." She smiled and took his hand before going onto the dance floor and slow dancing with him. "Guess I need to take new pictures with my much better date." She couldn't stop smiling.

"I guess so." He scooted in slightly, filling in the small amount of room between them as they kept dancing.