Surprise

Ashlyn biked home. She did have a car, but she preferred biking to and from school. It was far past school hours, as Ashlyn had had her baking club. She parked her bike in her garage, yawning. She sat on her couch and pulled out her phone. She started texting her boyfriend. Their schedules hadn't woven together well recently because he had been at college for the past few months, and they hadn't talked much.

 Their schedules hadn't woven together well recently because he had been at college for the past few months, and they hadn't talked much

She received a call rather than a text. "Hey?"

"Sorry, I'm driving. I can't really stay on the call for long, on my way somewhere?"

"Oh, where?"

"Some boring thing. College takes up a lot of time." He chucked lightly.

"I'm very, very aware. I wanna see you so bad."

"I'm sure we'll be able to see each other soon."

"I hope." She nodded.

"I promise. I'm going to Salt Lake as soon as I possibly can." He assured her.

"You'd better." She smiled.

"Okay, I'm getting out of the car, so I've really gotta hang up."

"Bye."

"Yup, something like that." He hung up.

She furrowed her eyebrows. 'Something like that?' What was that even supposed to mean? She probably didn't need to read into it. He had probably been in a rush.

"Coming EJ!" She shouted, rushing to the front door. "So what is it you n—" she started as she opened the door. "Oh my God."

"Hi Ashy." Big Red grinned.

"Tell me I'm dreaming."

"Well then I wouldn't be here, so no thanks."

"I love you!" She jumped up and hugged him.

"I love you too!" He twirled her around before setting her down. She pulled him in for a long kiss.

"I can't believe you're here."

"And I can't believe I managed to keep it from you." He kissed her again. "Ugh... I missed you so much."

"I missed you more." She kept her arms around his neck, resting them on their shoulders. "Oh, come on in baby." They sat on the couch.

"You don't know how much I've missed you. All of you." He hugged her tightly, resting his forehead on her shoulder. He gently played with her hair.

"I know." She kissed the top of his head. "I still can't believe you're here. How long?"

"The weekend."

"Oh right, that adds up." She nodded. "Best weekend in awhile then."

"Yeah." He looked in her eyes, laughing quietly for no apparent reason. He was just so happy with her. She kissed him again. He kissed her back, still messing with her hair.

"That feels weird." She giggled.

"Okay." He stopped.

"No, but good. It feels good." She told him. "Don't stop."

"Also okay."

"Ugh, I missed just sitting with you."

"Me too."

"I should cancel on EJ, this is way more important." She kissed his cheek before pulling out her phone.

"What were you guys doing?"

"He was just coming over." She shrugged. She sent the text, then leaned on her boyfriend's shoulder. He put his arm around her.