Scared

Ashlyn walked over to her boyfriend, setting down the script in her hand on the piano. "You're fine with this, right?"

"Hm?" Big Red turned to her.

"You're fine with us doing this, right?"

"Doing what?"

"Did you not hear? We're about to run the part towards the end where I, well, Belle says she loves the beast." She awkwardly played with her hands.

"That's fine?"

"Just making sure, you know. Since it's basically me telling your best friend I love him. Except, you know, acting."

"Oh. Yeah, acting." He shrugged.

"Alright, good. It's a little to late to back out anyways." She kissed his cheek then joined the rest of the cast.

"Hey, um— never mind." He sat down, loosing himself in thought. A minute later, Ricky sat by him.

"You look bothered."

"Do I?" He snapped into reality. "Where's Ash?"

"Over there. Why?"

"Just... honestly didn't want her to see."

"Why not?"

"I don't know." He sighed. "I don't want her to try to support me or something."

"Um... again, why?"

"Because... I don't know."

"That sounds like a lie."

"I don't want to... say anything wrong." He said awkwardly.

"While she's supporting you?"

"She's really amazing, and she's really amazing with support, and... I think I'd say something I shouldn't."

"I really don't get what you're saying."

"Hey, you guys are running the scene in a minute, you should prepare." He said, avoiding the conversation.

"I love you." Ashlyn whispered to Ricky as they ran the scene. Big Red managed to slip out of the room, not wanting to watch the rest of the scene. A minute later, there was an arm around him. "Hey."

"Hey Ash." He mumbled, putting his head on her shoulder.

"It's acting hon, remember?" She said, before wondering why she let 'hon' slip out. He barely noticed.

"No, it's not that."

"Well, good, but what's bothering you?" She asked, concerned.

"Nothing."

"So you decided to sit in the hall?"

"It's not important."

"Come on. We help each other, don't we?" Ashlyn kissed his cheek.

"I know. So could we... maybe just sit here?"

"Sure." She said, the statement coming out in a confused tone. He scooted closer and hugged her.

A few minutes later, Ricky came out. "Miss Jenn wants to run the scene again."

"I'm coming." She smiled at him. "See you in a little, you're alright."

"Yeah, thanks." He kissed her cheek.

"Great job." Big Red smiled at Ashlyn. They were making their way outside after rehearsal.