Not Leaving (Pt 2.)

TW: Hospital and mentions of heart attack

A/N: Part 2 to Not Leaving!

Sleeping is hard when you're scared, even if you've convinced yourself you aren't scared. Big Red's night of sleep was better than it had been the past nights, but that didn't mean it was good.

"I'm here to see Ashlyn. Caswell. Or Redonivich, I don't know which it's under, um... yeah." Big Red forced a weak smile.

"Oh... she passed in the night."

"But... I was told she was awake and alive." He said, his face falling.

"Briefly, yes, but unexpected things happen sometimes."

"Uh— okay. Thanks, I guess." He said, before rushing out to his car and breaking down into tears.

Big Red woke in a cold sweat, crying. He grabbed his pillow and hugged it tightly as he sobbed into his blankets. When he managed to calm down a little a few minutes later, he grabbed his phone.

He had no calls or messages. Knowing he couldn't sleep and he wouldn't stop crying anytime soon, he scrolled through his camera roll. There were scattered in screenshots and various pictures, but his recent pictures were mostly of Ashlyn and himself.

After a few minutes, he couldn't take it, and set down his phone. He covered his face with his blanket. "I love you Ashy." He whispered.

When Big Red made his way to the front desk that morning, he couldn't make himself talk. He kept replaying his dream over and over again. He went back outside, shaking and crying. "She's there... you'd know if she wasn't t- there... she's s- safe..."

"You didn't have to wait, we knew you'd be anxious— oh." Ricky ran from the parking lot to his friend, Nini closing following. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I'm scared." He said, feeling the arms of each of his friends around his shoulders. He leaned onto Nini.

"But she's alive, isn't she?"

"Well, y- yes, but... I had a dream where... it turned out she wasn't, and I didn't know, and... I really need her."

"I know. But she'll be okay, you'll both be okay." Ricky said.

"Right, and all we have to do is walk in there and tell them who we're here for." Nini added.

"O- Okay." Big Red wiped the tears of his face, sniffling. "Can someone else say it? I still can't believe she's in the hospital. For this long especially."

"Yeah, Ricky, go ahead." Nini said, helping Big Red up. They all made there way to the front desk, where Ricky asked to see Ashlyn, then they made there way back to her room.

"Can I go in first?" Big Red asked, his hand on the doorknob.

"Of course."

"You guys can come in in a few minutes." He said, shushing them before opening the door. He walked in, turned around to close it, then turned back to look at Ashlyn. Her eyes opened. "Good morning love." He couldn't help the huge grin spreading across his face as he sat by Ashlyn. "How are you feeling?"

"Not at my best." She said, grabbing his hand. "How about you?"

"You're kidding."

"What?"

"You're asking me? You're in the hospital." He said.

"Well you already asked me, and I've been out for straight days."