Chapter 34

I was in the hospital bed, in labor, screaming at the top of my lungs. A nurse came in, put on her gloves, and got ready to deliver the baby. "Ok," the nurse said calmly, "the baby is ready."

"You can do this, Fae," Fiyero held my hand, "now push." And I did, I pushed and pushed as hard as I could all while screaming and squeezing Fiyero's hand.

"She's almost out, just one more big push should do it," the nurse announced.

I took a deep breath then pushed with all the strength I still had in me. Suddenly, a new born baby's cry was heard. "You did it, my love," Fiyero smiled, "our baby has been born."

"And here she is," the nurse said as placed my baby girl into my arms.

I can't believe I'm holding my baby in my arms for the first time and she's actually not green..... she's normal colored.... and she's beautiful.

"She's got your eyes, Fae," Fiyero smiled and I couldn't help but smile as well.

"What's her name?" The nurse asked.

I looked at Fiyero, thinking he was going to pick the name, "It's up to you, my love."

"Hmmmm...." there's so many names to pick from I don't know which to choose. "Well, I want it to be a unique name," I looked back down at the baby and smiled, "one that describes her beauty." Then it hit me, the name of my precious daughter, "Ginama." It's unique and it describes all of her beauty.

"It's perfect," Fiyero grinned.

"Ginama it is then," the nurse said and went to go print the birth certificate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Hey, everyone, special thanks to everyone who helped me come up with the baby's name. I would like to congratulate @TheFutureElphaba on coming up with the winning name of Ginama! Thanks to everyone for reading this fanfic ilysm ♥
Xoxoxo,
@elphaba_wicked