Chapter 2

A few hours later, Fiyero and I were in a world a bit similar to Oz but the only differences were there were no munchkins, no Glinda, no Emerald City, no wizard, and no wretched little farm girls with their annoying little dogs. Fiyero soon let my hand go, stopped walking, and said "Well?"

"Well what? This can't be it can it!? I mean, we're right outside of Oz!" I said worried that some Ozian might find us.

"I know, but I'm talking about just for tonight. Its getting late and you're getting tired," he said beginning with a yawn.

"I never said I was tired," I said trying not to yawn as well.

"Elphaba, I know you and when you're tired, you tend to get short tempered," he answered looking at me strangely.

"Alright, fine, I guess I'm a little tired but where are we going to sleep?"

Fiyero shrugged, "On the ground, I guess."

"Oh no! No no no! I am not sleeping on the bare concrete..."

"Then sleep on the grass, its more...comfortable," he interrupted.

"I'm not going to sleep on the grass either! I don't know the people from here, I don't know what they do!"

"Then where would you recommend sleeping?"

"Anywhere but here or there," I said pointing to the direction Oz was in.

Fiyero sighed "Alright," he took my hand again and started to walk, "let's go find somewhere else to sleep."

About half an hour later we found two benches next to each other to sleep on. "Here, go head and lay on one of the benches and I'll lay on the other," Fiyero said sounding very tired.

Honestly, I didn't want to sleep on the benches either but, instead of arguing, I layed on the bench and soon fell asleep.