Chapter 20

Fiyero and I walked into our room and it was absolutely beautiful. The moonlight shined directly in it, which made the room look a sort of blue color. I sat on the bed and saw Fiyero just standing there at the doorway. "What is it?" I asked.

"It's nothing," he answered, "it's just you look so beautiful in the moonlight."

I blushed a little then walked towards him and started kissing his lips continuously. He removed my hat from my head then removed my cape from my shoulders. I put my arms around the back of his neck pulling his lips towards mine and he pulled my waist towards himself causing me to come closer.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He whispered.

"Just go with it," I whispered back.

He unzipped the back of my dress and began to take it off. Knock knock, I gasped at the sound of the knock at our door, "Elphie, are you still awake? I need to talk to you!"

"Ummm... yeah, just a minute, Glinda," I called, quickly putting my dress back on. "Help me zip my dress back up," I whispered to Fiyero.

Once I got my dress zipped up, I walked to the door and opened it up to find Glinda in her pink pajamas.

"Hey, Elphie! Where are your PJs?" She asked.

"I don't wear pajamas," I answered. "What did you need?"

"Come to my room I need to talk to you."

We walked to her room and she sat on her bed. I stood at the doorway, "Ok, so what did you want to tell me?" I asked.

"Sit," she said patting right next to her on the bed.

I sat next to her, "Ok. Now what?"

"Why did you pretend to melt and leave me in Oz by myself with all those Ozians, that, most, I don't even know their names?"

"I was getting fed up with the Ozians chanting to melt me, so I pretended to melt to give them what they wanted. And the reason why I left you behind and didn't tell you about it was because I didn't want to put my best friend at risk."

She smiled, "Thank you, Elphie," she hugged me, "I really missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Uhhh... Elphie," she said, curiously, "why is your dress halfway zipped?"

Damn it, I thought, Fiyero didn't zip it completely!  "Ummm... I-"

"Were you and Fiyero-"

"You look tired, Glinda, why don't you go to sleep and I'll see you in the morning," I rushed towards the door.

"But wait, Elphie-"

"Goodnight," I quickly closed the door.

"Goodnight," she called.

I ran to mine and Fiyero's room and closed the door to be sure Glinda wasn't following me.

"What happened?" Fiyero asked.

"Glinda got suspicious," I answered.

"Did she follow you back to our room?"

"I don't think so."

"Do you want to, uh... continue?"

"Why not?" I walked towards him and began to continuously kiss him again.

He unzipped my dress, again, and began to gently remove it. We fell on the bed, but, this time, continued doing what we were doing.