Chapter 39

I froze at the sound of the voice.

"I said, 'Who's there?!'" The voice yelled. I soon heard loud footsteps coming towards me. I panicked but stayed where I was. The footsteps soon stopped and turned into a male figure a few feet infront of me. It was too dark to determine who the figure was until it spoke again. "Elphaba?" It asked.

I knew that voice. "F-Fiyero?" I asked, shakey.

"Elphaba!" He ran towards me and embraced me tightly.

"I missed you so much and.... and I was so worried."

"I knew you would come," he whispered.... at least, I thought he was Fiyero. Then it went blank.

========================

I woke in a small cold, black cell and I noticed the door was open. Well, that's stupid, I thought. Who leaves someone in a cell with the door wide open and unguarded? I stood up and tried to make a run for the door but I was held back by chains that where attached to both of my wrists.

"Well this was quite easy," laughed a voice that came from the exact same male figure that I thought was Fiyero.

I squinted at the figure, "What? F-Fiyero?"

"No, no," the voice laughed as the figure came into the light. I don't understand, he looks like Fiyero and he sounds like him too, he was even wearing Fiyero's Captain of the Guard uniform, yet he claims that he's not Fiyero. The male removed a necklace that was hidden under his shirt and he immediately revealed who he really was.