Chapter 3

The next morning, I woke up and looked at the bench were Fiyero was supposed to be sleeping but I didn't see him there. "Fiyero?" I said but there was no answer. "Fiyero?!" I said a bit louder but still there was no answer that's when I began to worry. What if something bad had happened to him? What if that wretched little farm girl had returned and forced him into the Gale Force again? I, soon, heard footsteps in the grass behind me and quickly turned around to see who it was. Then, standing right in front of me was no other than the wizard himself.

"Don't be afraid, Elphaba," he said smiling at me, "for it is I, The Wond-"

"I know who you are!" I interrupted, "And I'm not afraid of you either, it's you who should be afraid...of me!"

"I somehow knew you were still alive," he said ignoring my comment, "and I just came back to show and tell you one last thing."

"What," I asked curiously, "that that little farm girl is back and wants to make sure that I'm not still alive? Or did you just come back to kill me and be sure I was dead?!"

"No, just to show you this." He took out a green bottle that once belonged to my mother.

"W-where did you get that?!" I said trying not to yell.

"This bottle was your mother's," he said taking out another green bottle that looked similar to the other one, "and this one was mine."

I gasped, "H-how did you..."

"These both were originally mine and I gave one to your mother," he said calmly. "You see, Elphaba, I am your father and so was Frex."

I was shocked and unable to speak. I stepped back carefully and fell on the bench.

"That's all I wanted to tell you," he said sternly, tossing me one of the green bottles. "Now I must leave. Goodbye, Elphaba."

I watched him disappear into the field a few feet behind him. When he was gone, I realized I was completely alone.