Chapter 5

About 5 hours later Fiyero and I spotted a pizza parlor and decided to stop for lunch. When we sat at a table Fiyero asked me, "So what exactly happened before you saw the wizard?"

I looked at him with frightened eyes and said, "Well, I woke up and didn't see you on the bench where you slept, so I called you twice but you didn't answer and I guess the wizard heard and recognized my voice and he found me."

"Ahhh, I see," he said realizing what happened.

"So," I began, "where did you go while I was talking to the wizard?"

"After I got up, I was going to wake you up too so we could go look for food together but you looked so peaceful and like you were in a deep sleep so I left, on my own, to find some food, thinking everything was gonna be fine."

"So you..."

"AHHHH," some child yelled, "THERE'S A GREEN MONSTER SITTING AT ONE OF THE TABLES!!!!"

I sighed, "I haven't heard something like that since we left Oz."

"Don't listen to them, Elphaba, they can't see your beauty from behind," Fiyero said holding me.

I blushed a little, still trying to fight back tears, and said, "Fiyero, you always help me feel better. I love you."

He kissed me and said "Fae, I love you much more."