Chapter 25

The doctor came, told me to lay down on the bed, and hooked me up to one of those machines where you could hear the baby's heart. He rolled the wand (from the machine) over my stomach and, sure enough, we heard the baby's heartbeat.

"Awww," Glinda laughed.

I looked at Fiyero and smiled, "We're gonna have a baby."

He kissed my forehead and whispered, "Our own little 'minion'." I chuckled, suprised that he had remembered what I said about having kids.

"So is it a boy or a girl?" Glinda asked, excitedly.

"We won't know that until the nine months get closer," the doctor explained.

"Oh," Glinda said, sounding disappointed. "Well, I guess I could... visit a few more times until then," she put a smile back on her face.

"Ok," the doctor said handing me a card, "this card has when your next appointment is. Come back on this date and we'll check up on the baby a little bit more."

"Ok," I said taking the card, "thank you."

Fiyero helped me out of the bed then we left back to the suite.

"Elphie's gonna have a baby!" Glinda sang as we entered the suite. Fiyero and I looked at each other and right away I knew we were thinking the same thing, typical Glinda. "Ok," Glinda twirled around, "what should we do to celebrate? Go out to eat, I could make a cake, what do you guys wanna do!?"

"Uhhh..." part of me wanted to go out to eat but another part of me didn't so I listened to both. "Why don't you make us something to eat here? It could be anything that you want... that I could still eat... and that we like."

"Oooh, ok!" She smiled and danced to the kitchen.

"Same old Glinda," I grinned.