Chapter 29

When we got back home, (which was actually an abandoned old house that Fiyero and Chistery kind of fixed up for us after we no longer had enough money to stay in the suite) it was already dark so we all went to sleep. The night was pretty restful until the baby started kicking. "AHHH!!!" I screamed as I sat up and clutched my stomach.

Fiyero quickly woke up and held me. "Yero...." I cried taking several deep breaths, "I'm sorry..... I.... SWEET OZ!!!"

"Fae!" Fiyero shouted holding me closer. "Breathe, love..... Breathe....."

Slowly, the pain went away. "I'm sorry I woke you...." I said to Fiyero, breathing heavy.

"Don't be," he replied, kissing me, "it wasn't your fault. Now come on, go back to sleep." He gently pulled me closer and I put my head on his chest. He kissed me again, "Goodnight, beautiful."

"Goodnight, my love," I smiled as I slowly fell back to sleep.

About fifteen minutes later, I woke up to a knock on the door. I looked up to Fiyero who was fast asleep. There was only two problems, my head was still on his chest and he was still holding me. Great, I thought, now what?  I looked over to Chistery, who was snuggled in his own little bed he made himself out of extra blankets. "Chistery," I called trying to keep my voice at a whisper.

He looked up at me, "Y- yes?" (Chistery was still trying to learn how to speak again but he's only been able to master a few words.)

"Go see who's at the door but don't answer it, just look out the window then come tell me who it is."

He nodded then went to go do as he was told.

Chistery came back a few minutes later and whispered, "It's M- Ms. Glinda."

Glinda? I thought, Why would Glinda be here so soon? The baby's not due till 3 more months. "Could you go answer it and let her in?"

Chistery nodded and went to go answer the door.