Chapter 14

The next morning Fiyero and I sent out an invitation for Glinda to meet us west outside of Oz.

When we got back to the hotel Fiyero said, "So, since we sent it today, I think Glinda should get it in about... two to three weeks."

"Ok, and our wedding is about two weeks from then," I said, trying to hide my excitement.

"Yup, and then we'll be husband and wife," Fiyero whispered, leaning in getting ready to kiss me.

"Exactly," I whispered, putting my arms around the back of his neck so we could kiss. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. Gently, he kissed me on the lips, then, suddenly, we both fell on the bed.

I gasped and slightly pushed him away, "Oh ummm," I didn't know what to say. Were we about to do it?

"I'm sorry," Fiyero apologized, "I-i didn't know w-"

"No no, it's ok. I didn't know either."

"Elphaba, I swear, I would never do that to you unless I was sure you were ready."
Ready? I thought. Ready for what? For what we were about to do?

Honestly, I didn't know if I was ready for it or not, it just felt natural.

"Wait," I called as Fiyero was walking away, "it wasn't your fault. I'm sure it just felt natural to you 'cause it felt natural to me too."

He came towards me so we could hug but stopped, worried about it almost happening again.

"Fiyero, please, it's alright," I reassured him.

He sighed, "You're right, I was over reacting." Then, instead of him coming to hug me, i ran over to him and hugged him.