Chapter 7

5 minutes later Fiyero and I arrived at a restaurant, that I have been to before, called The Green Garden. "We're here!" I shouted, then directed Fiyero to my favorite table.

"You sound happy," he smiled. "Have you been here before?"

I sighed, remembering when I used to come here a lot, "When I was little, my mother and I used to come here all the time. It was, usually, our only mother-daughter time. My father never even knew we were there, my mother always told him we were going out to eat but he always thought we were still in Oz."

I guess I never told Fiyero about my mother because he asked, "Whatever happened to your mother?"

I looked at him with tears in my eyes then he, quickly, said "Oh."

Then an old waitress came to our table and asked, in a kind of squeaky voice, "What can I get for you?"

"Just get me a hot dog with mustard and extra relish," Fiyero ordered.

"And I'll ha-"

"Oh little Elphie!" The waitress said hugging me. "Or should I say big Elphie? Oh look how big you've gotten! And I've gotten so old," she laughed. "I haven't seen you since that last time you came with your mother! And I'm so sorry to hear what happened to her several years ago. Oh, anyway, what can I get you, your old usual?"

"Uh, yes please,' I said confused.

"Ok, hun, I'll be back in a jiffy!" The waitress called walking away.

"Who was that?" Fiyero laughed.

"I don't know, probably one of the old waitresses here that used to work here when my mother and I used to come," I answered. "I'm surprised she still remembers me."

Fiyero chuckled, "I'm surprised she's still alive."

"I know," I laughed.

"So what was 'your old usual'?"

"I have no idea, all I know is I, more than likely, loved it."