Chapter 6

Minutes later another child came in and started screaming "THERE'S A GREEN ALIEN IN THIS PLACE!!!"

I rolled my eyes. Then, I saw a younger girl coming towards me. "Careful," one of the other children yelled, "she might eat you!"

The girl ignored the comment and kept walking towards me. She stopped right in front of me and asked, "Who are you?"

"My name is Elphaba," I said annoyed.

"Why are you green or is that just a mask?"

Before I answered, I looked at Fiyero who was just watching this whole conversation happen. "No I'm not wearing a mask! Why must you know why I'm green?!" I answered wanting to leave.

"Why is he a scarecrow?" The girl asked pointing at Fiyero.

"Leave him alone!" I yelled

"Do you hate yourself?"

"Alright, listen, kid, I d-"

"Ok, Elphaba, I think we should go eat somewhere else," Fiyero interrupted taking my hand.

"Gladly," I mumbled.

When we got out of the pizza parlor Fiyero said, "Fae, I know how you are with most kids and that was just getting out of hand."

"I know," I answered relieved, "thank you so much for getting me out of there 'cause that girl was so close to seeing my 'Wicked Witch Of The West' side."

"Glad to help," he said pleased. "Now let's go find somewhere else to eat."

Right after I said that, I recognized a very familiar smell, "Oh, I know what we should eat!" I took his hand, "Follow me!"