Chapter 23

While, going into the church that Fiyero and I were getting married at, I suddenly got butterflies in my stomach, which I had not felt since the lion cub incident.

"Ready?" Glinda asked.

I took a deep breath then replied, "Yeah."

"What's wrong, Elphie?"

"Just a little nervous."

"Awwww," she smiled, "you'll be fine. Besides, it's your wedding day, be happy!"

I smiled, "I am."

An hour later, all we heard was the wedding song as I walked carefully down the isle, smiling big. I saw the alter where Fiyero was standing and began to get a little bit more nervous. I took another deep breath as I got to the alter, in front of Fiyero and held his hands.

The priest then spoke about weddings and love and what it ment to love someone eternally. Then he asked for the rings, which Glinda gave us, and Fiyero and I put them on each other's ring finger. The priest then asked if we took each other as husband and wife.

"I do," Fiyero grinned.

"I do," I grinned back.

"And now," the priest said, "with the power invested in me, I now prenounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

I put my arms on Fiyero's shoulders as we kissed for what felt like the whole day.

"Yay!" Glinda clapped.

When we got back to the hotel, Glinda surprised us by saying, "I'm staying here for another week!"

"Really?" I gasped and Glinda nodded. "Oh, this is a surprise!"

"Wow," Glinda said, shocked, "time really does fly. It's almost 10 o'clock. Well, goodnight Elphie and Fiyero." She started walking towards her room then called out, "Oh, and congratulations!"

"Thanks!" Fiyero and I both called back.

"So, Mrs. Tiggular," Fiyero began, when we got to our room, and right away I blushed. "How does it feel to be married to a scarecrow?"

"Fantastic," I whispered leaning in to kiss him. "How do you feel being married to a green woman?"

"The feeling is too good to explain."