Chapter 41

I searched every corner of The Emerald Palace but I couldn't find neither Fiyero nor Ginama. What if Morrible got to them first? I thought. What if they're already... dead?

"Stop it, Elphaba," I whispered to myself, "you're going to give yourself a heart attack. Just keep searching." I took a deep breath as I continued on my search for my family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About an hour later, I ended up in another dungeon, which I had no idea about before, separate from the previous one I was in. Then I heard a man shout, "Where is Elphaba?!" It was Fiyero, I had finally found him and hopefully Ginama was with him.

There was a chuckle that sounded like Morrible's, "I already locked up that Wicked Witch wife of yours where you'll never find her and I think it's about time I go finish her."

"Don't you even think about it!" I heard chains clinging together as if Fiyero was trying to break out of them while charging towards Morrible.

"Oh, give it a rest, you pathetic Vinikin prince, you'll never break those chains," she laughed. "Not even that Wicked Wi-"

"Stop calling her that!" Fiyero shouted, cutting Morrible off. "For one thing, she's not 'wicked' and, for the other, she has a name!"

"I can call that wicked thing whatever I want. Anyway, I'll be back soon for you and your precious little daughter." I heard her walk out of their cell and I hid behind a corner until she was out of the dungeon.

I came out from the corner and ran towards the cell which held my loved ones in it. I saw Fiyero in chains like I was earlier, his head hanging down in what seemed to be defeat and Ginama was in the corner, curled up into a ball, crying.

"Yero," I said softly as I slowly started to walk towards my husband.

"F-Fae?" He slowly looked up at me and a slight smile of relief appeared on his face. I ran towards him and kissed him with much passion.

"Here," I said, grabbing my bag that dangled from my shoulder, "let's get those chains off of your wrists." I took out a silver key that I had found hanging near the dungeon door and unlocked the chains.

Once he was free of his chains, Fiyero embraced me tightly and kissed me twice. "I love you, Fae, very much."

My heart leapt with joy at the sound of those words, the words I longed to hear. "I love you too, Yero," I smiled lovingly. Ginama quickly crawled over to me and hugged my leg, I couldn't help but chuckle once she did.

I stepped back with Ginama still wrapped around my leg, "We need to get out of here and fast," I whispered. Fiyero nodded and cautiously led us out of the palace. Luckily, we got out unseen thanks to all those dark places in the palace, for a palace in the bright and jolly Emerald City that place can get really dark at times.

Once outside and after we finally removed Ginama from my leg, I held out my broom for Fiyero to hop onto with Ginama.

However, instead of getting on the broom, Fiyero stepped back cautiously, "You're kidding me, right?"

"No, I mean it, get on," I instructed.

"Flying? Fae... I... I don't know if I can-"

"Ok, so let me get this straight," I picked up Ginama, grabbed Fiyero's arm, and led him away from The Emerald Palace. "When I first met you, you were this shallow and self-absorbed young prince from the Vinikus. Ten years after the big Wizard incident, I come back to Oz and you're this fearless man who was the Captain of The Guard. We meet again in the Wizard's chamber, we admit our love for each other, then you're willing to die so that I can escape from the guards against me. And now you're saying that you, a fearless man who was willing to die to save my life, is afraid of heights?"

"I never specifically said I was afraid of heights," Fiyero protested.

"Fiyero, my love... the love of my life," I smiled and held his hand, not wanting this to turn into an argument, "you're so brainless that you don't release that all you need to do right now is trust me. Everything will be alright." I kissed him to seal a silent promise.

He took a deep breath. "Okay," he said with a slight smile, "I trust you."

I held out my broom again and this time he got on behind me. "Now, hold onto my waist."

He obeyed and we took off flying back home. He held me tighter as we flew off the ground then, once calm again, he kissed my neck and smiled, "I love you, Fae." Then whispering into my ear he said, "And after what just happened, what do you say to me repaying you after we put Ginama to sleep?" He licked a part of my ear in a way that made me shudder.

I smirked, "Sounds like a plan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, everyone! I'm really sorry that I haven't updated in so long! I have been dying to update but I never had the time to complete this chapter! Anyway, you could probably guess what's gonna happen in the next chapter and the reason why I'm doing that is because, 1, I LOVE Fiyeraba and, 2, I feel that this part of the story is lacking.... Fiyeraba excitement.

Until next time! Bye!