Chapter 43

Well, everyone, I'm back! However, I'm sad to say that I think this fanfiction is on its last few chapters. I'm not saying there won't be a sequel but I'm gonna finish this story soon. I don't know how many more chapters there will be yet but still. I'd also like to apologize in advance for the short chapter. Ilysm and on with the fanfic!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up to the warmth of Fiyero holding me. Not wanting to wake him up, I slowly slipped out of his arms. I applied my oils then put on my robe.

I headed to the kitchen to make breakfast but there was a knock on the door before I could even get to the fridge. I opened the door and Chistery flew in giving me a letter that looked to be from the Emerald City. Opening it, I saw it was addressed to Fiyero. Before I even got a chance to read it, Fiyero walked in. "What is it?" He asked.

"Nothing," I lied and set the letter back on the table. "Just a, um... letter from Glinda."

"Oh. Is she ok? Was it urgent?"

"Well, no she just... um... she wanted to check up on us and make sure we're doing alright."

"So everything's fine?"

"Yes, my love. Now... what do you want for breakfast?"

"Anything," he replied.

"Bacon and eggs alright with you?"

He nodded and I started to make breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After breakfast was over, Fiyero left with Ginama to go get some groceries for the week.

While I was cleaning up I saw the letter again and began to grow curious. What must the Emerald City want that requires my husband? I looked at the time. Not even the ninth hour yet, Fiyero and Ginama wouldn't be back for at least another hour or two. I knew it wasn't right to read the letter but whatever it was, it had something to do with Fiyero and I no longer trust anybody at the Emerald City with the exception of Glinda. But how bad could it be? I mean, it's not like Fiyero was furious by what it said... at least he didn't look like he was.

Enough debating with myself, I grabbed the letter and started to read it.

Mr. Tiggular,

The Gale Force is beginning to lack the needed men to protect the citizens of Oz. Our Captain of the Guard has recently resigned from his duties and we are asking if you could take over for him. There will be a mandatory meeting tomorrow evening in the east wing of the Emerald Palace with this force to discuss any further questions or concerns. We look forward to working with you again.

The Gale Force of Oz

The Gale Force?! No way! Not after what happened last time! They nearly killed him!

The lights started to flicker. Calm down, Elphaba. Why do they want Fiyero back? He's already done his time with them! I threw the letter at the wall. The lights started to flicker more frantically. Breathe, Elphaba. I take a deep breath. Maybe he won't accept. Besides, we have a baby girl we have to take care of. He can't accept... Hopefully he won't.

I put the letter back where it was on the table and went to get dressed. Unable to take my mind off of the letter, I started to clean the house trying to give myself something else to think about. At least I gave myself enough time to let myself calm down before Fiyero and Ginama came home. No telling how I would have reacted or what I would've said if they were here.