Chapter 38

Several weeks later, I was in my little library while Fiyero was in our house with Ginama. I was reading a book called The Good, an autobiography that Glinda had written herself, until I heard a sudden crash coming from the house. I quickly put down my book and ran inside. It was silent. "Yero?" I called, carefully walking towards the main hallway. There was no answer. "Ginama?" I called louder. Ginama was already a year old so she knew to come either to me or Fiyero when we called her, but this time she didn't.

I cautiously walked into Ginama's room where I had seen both of them last. Nobody was there; however, I did find a note in Ginama's crib that read:

Hello Elphaba;
It's been a while. Anyway, I have finally managed to escape from the prison that your little blonde friend locked me up in. Also, I have your 'heroic' husband and your adorable little daughter here with me. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with them after they're dead but I'll figure it out eventually. Good luck finding us, Witch!
~Morrible

"No..." I whispered to myself as I raced to grab my hat, broom, and bag, which held the Grimmerie in it. Then I quickly flew towards The Emerald City.

========================

About 30 minutes later, I arrived at the palace in The Emerald City. With my heart already pounding, I gently pushed the doors open, careful to not make any noise.

Once I got into the palace, I sprinted towards the downstairs dungeon where I knew Morrible was keeping Fiyero and Ginama.

Thank Oz I had memorized most of The Emerald Palace when I used to sneak down here to try to free the flying monkeys, I thought as I cautiously but swiftly walked to the dungeon.

I slowly opened the dungeon gates and swooped inside. Crash the gates slammed close behind me. So much for not making any noise.

"Who's there?!" I heard a voice call from the distance.

Crap, I'm busted!