7. Since when does Theo worry?

"LIAM!!" Theo yelled.

Liam shot up, feeling incredibly uncomfortable having just creamed his boxers and the smell lingering around everywhere. He turned this whole new shade of crimson and basically just wanted to fall in a hole again. Except this time permanently.

"I- I'm gonna go." Liam said whilst packing some of his stuff and running out with the speed of light.

Theo just stood there unable to wrap his head around what had just happened a second ago. Liam had had a dream about him. So far he knew. It was a sex dream he could tell that too. And by the looks of it and the speed to which Liam realised what had happened the chances were that this had happened before.

Theo's brain was just lagging while Liams was going full speed. Liam needed to get out of there. Right now. He wolf heard that mason and Corey weren't an option and after making a disgusted face he decided to just run for it. So he ran.

He ran into a forest on the other side of the motel and ran long enough so he'd know his way back but far enough so nobody would find or hear him.

He took off his remaining clothes and in particular his soaked underpants and put on some of the clothes he hastily brought. He did forget a shirt but he could live with that.

After the panic adrenaline had passed his logic brain part got a jumpstart again and realised that maybe running away might not have been he best option. For all he knew Theo had fallen asleep and didn't know the dream was about him. Running away just made him look even more guilty. Or well not guilty or whatever.

He knew that getting back now would even be more embarrassing. But he was very tired and in order to actually be able to help stiles to next day he needed at least 4 more hours of sleep.

A flash of panic washed over Liam as he realised he had nowhere to go. He couldn't return to room 28 that's where Theo would be. He also couldn't go to room 67 where mason and Corey where doing things Liam knew they were doing but somehow managed to tell himself they were not. There was only one option left.

Sleeping in the car. Theo's truck had an open back in which he could sleep. It probably wouldn't be the best sleep of his life and it would be awkward when they all woke up but it was the most doable replacement.

So he slowly started walking back to the car trying not to think about how incredibly awkward the next morning was gonna be.

The truck was parked in the middle of the u shape of the building so everyone would see him. He did not think this through. Maybe mason and Corey had fallen asleep and he could just curl up like a little ball on the floor there?

So he listened carefully and heard nothing in room 67. A sigh of relief left his mouth as he very carefully opened the door. Making sure that they were in fact asleep. He stepped inside and put his dirty clothes, which he had rubbed against the cold forest floor so now they only reeked of forest, on the floor and laid down on the small couch.

"Hey Liam what are you doing?" Corey suddenly asked. Liam was not aware that he had woken up Corey.

"Sorry cor but I had to leave Theo for a while. You know him" he played it off with a smile.

"Oh you should probably tell Theo that you're here. He came by an hour ago. I think he was worried about you." Corey said still laying down with his eyes closed in a raspy sleepy voice.

Since when does Theo worry? About anyone? Liam could not quite fit the pieces together.

"Yeah I'll go do that." Liam wasn't planning on going back to that room but somehow the fact that Theo worried about him made him want to go. So he went.

Banging twice on Theo's door and surprise surprise he opened. Liam held his breath because Theo looked seriously pissed.

"What the fuck Liam? You can't just do that! You can't just run away to fucking nowhere! What if someone had found you?! Or worse what if Monroe had found you?!?" Theo looked mad.

Liam swallowed hard. He didn't like it when Theo was acting emotionless but he liked it even less when he was mad at Liam. It hurt the beta to know he was mad at him. This feeling confused him very much.

"Ehm.... I'm sorry?" A small apology slipped out of his mouth. Theo sighed showing that while he did accept the apology this wasn't completely over yet.

Theo walked away from the doorpost he'd been leaning against and walked into the room. He sat on the bed and just stared at Liam, waiting for an explanation about the reason he ran away.

Liam however did not get this hint and just stared back, looking into those eyes. Trying to decide whether or not they are blue or green. He compromised on turquoise.
This silence went on for a couple minutes both of them expecting the other to talk first.

"Liam! This is the part where you explain the running away." Theo snapped Liam out of his gaze.

"Right uhm Okay." Liam decided to tell Theo a part of the truth since Theo could hear his heartbeat after all. "I have been having these dreams.... they're about you... about us. Uhm well since I can't control my unconscious mind I can't do something about it so it's mostly just been annoying." Liam sort of explained. He did not tell Theo about the feeling that came before the dreams. He had not figured that out so why burden him with information he could do nothing with?

"Okay I can deal with that. The question is: can you?" Theo asked. He knew that for him it wasn't that much of a big deal. It was slightly uncomfortable but not really his problem, since it still was Liam's unconsciousness.

"Yeah I think I can."

"Cool so can we sleep now? Because we have a tough day in front of us and i am officially tired."

They both climbed in bed, Liam somewhat hesitantly but he was also tired and this bed slept so much better then the truck or mason and Corey's floor.
Theo felt asleep within minutes, clearly more comfortable with the whole situation then Liam who was still sitting straight up in bed.

About six hours later they were all ready to go. They had packed and loaded in their stuff. Liam had fallen asleep anyway but luckily for him no dreams this time. It still was a 9 hour drive so they were prepared for a long day.

Liam had called stiles and asked where he was and if they could stay somewhere nearby. Stiles had mumbled something vaguely about a hotel ten minutes from campus.

After all the drama of last night, that Mason had missed, the tension was definitely noticeable. Mason looked confused but Liam wasn't gonna tell him. Well at least not in public.

Some sighs and awkward silence later they were in the toad. Driving towards whatever stiles needed them for.