39. I cant let that happen.

Liam got pushed aside harshly and toppled over on the ground. Theo had closed his eyes, but Liam could still heard a faint heartbeat. It calmed him down a little bit but he still wanted to scream. Not scream like Lydia but just scream. All of it was so unfair. He looked at the person who had pushed him away from his lover and saw that it was Talia.

She had her eyes closed and her hands on his head. Liam wasn't quite sure what she was doing but her mouth kept moving and saying something in a language he couldn't understand. Liam was a little mad that she had pushed him aside but he really didn't want to disturb whatever she had going on over there.

So he slowly crawled up, wiped away his tears and crossed his arms not knowing what to do. Malia hadn't moved at all and stood way out of the circle, frozen. Lydia, Scott and Derek all grouped together not knowing what to do. Scott's mouth was wide open at Theo and Liam's love confessions.

The silence was deafening. The only Liam heard was the faint breathing of Theo and the quiet whispers of Talia and it freaked him out. He needed to know what to fuck was happening and most importantly if Talia was able to save Theo.

"Uhm Lyds?" He shuffled over to Lydia. "What the fuck is happening?" He asked genuinely confused. He didn't move his eyes away from Theo for even a second.

"Not quite sure but I think Talia is trying to heal Theo." Lydia's eyes were also glued to the strange thing unfolding in front of them.

"How? How can Talia do this? Wasn't she like stripped of all her magic?" Liam whisper-shouted not wanting to disturb her.

"No. Apparently not. I think you can't fully strip someone of their magic. She has also been free for a long time so maybe it slowly build up again? I don't know." She sassed. Liam was a little shocked by her reaction but decided to let it pass.

"Scott?" He hissed. "Scott?" He waved his hand in front of his alpha. Scott blinked, broke the lingering stare at Talia and focused his attention on Liam. "Don't you have to do something about Monroe?" Liam asked with a tiny piece of anger in his voice.

"Oh right yeah. Were did she run off to?" Scott snapped out of his haze and looked around. Liam shrugged and Lydia pointed to a tree in the distance.
"I think she went that way. But she walk very calmly. A little to calm if you ask me scott. I think she has set some kind of trap. I've got a bad feeling about it." Lydia answered Scott's question.

"Well we've got to try right?" Scott optimistically said, like always. Lydia shrugged, still having a bad feeling in her gut. "Okay Lydia, Malia and you Derek..." Scott pointed at derek. "... are coming with me. Liam you stay here."

"No." Derek said, refusing to take his eyes of Talia who had now a smudge of blood on her fingertips and on Theo's forehead, Liam thought it looked like a sick and twisted Simba.

"What do you mean no?" Scott asked taking a quick glance at derek.

"No as in I'm going to stay here with Theo." Derek stood his ground but it was his tone that made Scott drop the case. It was firm and stated immediately that the conversation was over. Scott nodded and walked away, grabbing a still frozen Malia by the arm and dragging her along with him. Lydia followed but not after shooting Liam one last look of absolute worry.

Liam's stomach went uneasy after Lydia left. If Lydia was worried, would that be her logical thinking or her banshee abilities? Because neither were good.

But he didn't have time to worry about that now. Theo's breathing was slowing down even more and it spluttered a bit. Since Liam and Derek stood behind Talia they couldn't see her face but they could see Theo, weak, pale and deathly on the ground.

Liam walked around Talia and sat next to her on the ground. She was making sharp movements with her arms and hands and kept reciting the same spell over and over again. She looked tired and there was almost no colour left in her face.

"Talia? Are you okay?" He asked with caution. Liam figured that if she didn't want or could answer she wouldn't so it wouldn't hurt just to ask the question right?

"Yes. Yes I'm fine." She breathed not sounding fine at all. She started chanting the spell harder, heavily breathing and refusing to stop.

"You're not. You have to stop eventually." Derek remarked. He had his arms crossed and watched from a safe distance. Liam nodded in agreement with Dereks statement.

"If I stop to soon, Theo dies. That can't happen." Talia said whooshing with her hands. Now literally all the colour has drained from her face. Liam was getting seriously worried.

"Okay Fine if you're not gonna stop at least let us help."

"You can't.... you can't help." She coughed. Her eyes rolled back for just a second but she continued the spell. Liam was conflicted, Talia looked like she was dying but he really wanted her to keep going and apparently so did she, so he just let her.

There was still no sign of any difference with Theo but Talia kept going, stubborn as she is. Liam and Derek shared a look of worry for both siblings. Talia coughed again but this time a small line of blood dripped down from under her nose. She caught it midair and wiped it on her pants.

"Okay that's enough. You have to stop Talia. Seriously." Liam half demanded, he realised he had no power over Talia but he still tried.

"No... can't stop..." she replied shaking and bleeding under her nose. Her breathing had gone unstable and she looked like she could faint any second.

"You have to stop!" Liam tried grabbing her arm to make her stop but she whipped her wrist and he got whooshed back till he hit Dereks legs. Liam looked up and Derek looked down, he normally would've grinned but the situation was really bad.

Talia kept going but the words got sloppier and harder to hear. She was shaking like crazy and Liam tried to get up again to stop her but she wouldn't listen.

Talia felt it. She felt the moment her body couldn't go any longer. She fell down. Liam ran over and caught her last minute. She smiled weakly.

"I have to.... to save him..." she whispered. The need to close her eyes was so overwhelming she wanted to give in. But she couldn't, not until she knew if the spell had worked. If she had actually managed to save her twin brother.

"You did." Liam lied so hard but he didn't want to tell her how it really was. "His heartbeat steadied. You saved him." The first part was true, the second he didn't know yet.

"Good.... can't let him die...." every single part of her mind and body wanted to give out. She was done. Her life had been incredibly sucky and now she was done. "Oh wait.... you have to... tell him.... tell him I....love him.... and that he...." she started.

Liam waited patiently for her to finished her sentence but halfway through she smiled at him and closed her eyes, the smile still sketched on her face.

Liam could hear the exact moment her heart gave out.