13. He actually left.

Theo picked his pieces back up and let out a sigh whilst continuing to drive to the hospital. He drove to the only person who would truly understand his pain. The only person that he wouldn't hurt.

As soon as he'd reached to hospital and had parked his car he went straight to his sister, not listening to the nurses telling him that is was no longer visiting hour.
There she was, with a weak smile on her face when she heard him coming.

"Hey." It came out a little dry but Theo still smiled softly at those words he'd been longing to hear for over a decade.

"Hey. How are you feeling?"

"Like if someone is gonna ask me that again I'll put their head through the window."

"Fair enough." He was glad to see that Talia still had her attitude. "What are we gonna do about Araya?" He jumped right into the conversation he'd been dreading. Theo knew that more chitchat would piss her off as she knew too how crappy the situation was.

"I don't know." Talia looked at her hands, looking broken.

Liam had been sitting on the bed for over an hour. Part of him had been hoping that Theo would come back, telling him that he didn't mean that or that he'd been mind controlled or something, and the other part of him just couldn't move. So he stared at the empty wall a small tear rolling over this left cheek. How could Theo just do that?

How could he just leave him like that? But more importantly why? Why did Theo what he did? Why did he leave him so abruptly? Because one second they were cuddling and the next all her broke lose. Liam wanted to know why.

But he couldn't. Theo had said that he didn't want him, that it didn't mean anything. He didn't want to believe that but all the evidence pointed to those two heartbreaking sentences. He had known Theo was evil and still he had let him in. He had actually let himself fall in love with him.

So even though everything in his surroundings clearly said that Theo didn't care he refused to believe that. Because if he would the dam inside of him would break. If he would believe that Theo really didn't care every part of him would break. So he didn't.

But he still couldn't move, afraid that if he moved everything would change. He just sat there until Mason bursted through the door yelling:

"Goddammit Liam!! Where the fuck did you go?! We spent almost all of last night searching for you!! Don't you ever do that ag-" he abruptly stopped as he saw Liam sitting on the bed, staring at the wall completely unfazed with him storming in.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He asked, still loud but kinder and softer now. Liam snapped out of his trance and turned to his best friend.

"He left." Liam's voice sounded unsteady, broken almost. "He actually left." And the dam broke. His eyes stung and filled with water but he was trying hard not to blink so it would fall over the edge.
Mason had an o-shit look on his face but quickly recovered himself and sat next to Liam and put the now crying beta in his arms.

Liam hated feeling so weak. He had learned from a young age to suck it up and be a man. Men don't cry right? But he did for now. Even men break sometimes. And so he cried, wept in the arms of his best friend.

He had apparently fallen asleep because he woke up several hours later still feeling extreme exhaustion. It was around dinner time and he hadn't eaten all day. He wasn't hungry but eating was probably good for his immune system so he went out onto the hallway to go search for mason and Corey, who where nowhere to be found.

Of course Theo's truck was gone and it was a mile away from Stiles' campus. He had nowhere to go. So he did what any sane person would do and that was take a shower. Not to call anyone, no no, he figured if he had to wait for Mason and Corey to return to him he might as well take a shower right?

In the meantime Theo had already threatened a nurse to discharge his sister, he wanted to get her out of there as soon as possible. So now they were in his car contemplating where to go. Anywhere they would go Araya would find them.

So it didn't really matter where they went just as long as it was far away from Liam. Theo would rather die then let Araya know about Liam. What if lingering around got Liam killed? That would be all his fault. So he left. Fast.

His original plan was to drive to New York. A lot of people, easy to blend in, and also far away from Liam.
Talia was fiddling with her ring, making deep red circles in her finger. She didn't talk much and if she did it was laced with such attitude that it was almost impossible to maintain a conversation.

"How is Stiles?" Talia asked after a half hour of complete silence. Theo raised one eyebrow but then remembered that Talia used to have the biggest crush on stiles and this was probably her way of dealing with shit.

"He's fine, or alive at least." Theo answered. He hadn't had the courage to tell her about all the horrible things he did last year.

"And how is Scotty?"

"Also alive. He's a true alpha now." Talia looked somewhat surprised but not as much as Theo had expected.

"Honestly not surprising." She said getting some of her wit back. "He always looked like the flawless Do Good hero." Theo smirked a little and nodded his head.

"Wait if he's an alpha does he have like a pack? Who are in it?" Talia asked. Theo sighed but answered leaving out the part where he planned on destroying them.

"Ehm you have Malia, she's a werecyote and dating Scott. Stiles ofcourse he's a human. Lydia, she's a banshee and dating Stiles. Uhm then you have Corey and Mason. Corey is uhm a chimera and mason is sorta human I guess... oh and you can't forget Derek Hale, he used to be an alpha but he's not anymore." Theo purposely left out Liam.

"And I assume that the boy we are driving away from at top speed right now is also in this pack?" Talia was now looking directly at him. Theo long blinked and took a deep breath.

"Yes. Yes he is. He is Scott's beta." Theo was hellbent on focusing on the road to avoid this conversation. Talia stifled a laugh and said full confidence:

"You fucked him didn't you?"

"What? No! I most certainly did not!" Theo's face got a nice colour of fiery red.

"You did didn't you?" She asked one more time.

"Yeah i did." Now she officially burst out in laughter. If they were gonna be stuck in his car why not have a little fun?

Liam had just gotten out of the shower when he heard a soft click. He immediately shoved on his sweatpants and a shirt while trying to listen to another sound. He didn't hear anything for a while so he grabbed his deodorant in his dominant hand and carefully walked into the room. Liam looked around but saw nothing so he dropped the deodorant and shouted "Mason!?" and "Corey?!" a few times before sitting on his bed.

"Theo?" He asked softly into the nothingness.
He stood up and walked to the closet, grabbing a sweater before something hit him on his head really hard and he passed out.