26. Can I kill her?

By the time Theo had come back from the supermarket Liam had woken up from his nap.

"You know I just want to sleep all day so I don't have to deal with people and life and stuff." Liam said sleep drunk with a croaked voice while rubbing in his eyes.

"Yeah I completely understand what you're talking about." Theo laughed at the blue eyed boy.

"Here." He dumped the bag of groceries on the big bed, they still hadn't pulled them apart. One single lonely apple rolled out of the bag. Liam looked at the sad apple and shrugged before snatching it and taking a big bite out of it.

"Ewww sour!" Liam's whole face twisted and his eyes started watering. Theo fell on the ground, gripping his stomach of laughter. Liam had to laugh about Theo, who now had started crying of laughter. This went on for over ten minutes.

"Why were we even laughing so hard? It wasn't that funny." Liam stated after the ten minutes and they had both calmed down. "I don't know. Your face was really funny though." Theo remarked.

"Hmmm. What's for dinner?"

"I got a bag of chips, two apples which is now just one and a bit, two salads because we dot have an oven or microwave, and some salty snacks." Theo grabbed the remaining apple and took a bite out of it. "This one isn't that sour. You drama queen!"

Liam chuckled a bit before grabbing the salad and sat straight on the bed. He knew what conversation would come next and he dreaded it to the fullest.

"Hey little beta may I ask why you had a panic attack?" Theo asked casually while biting the apple looking Liam so deep in his eyes it felt as if he was looking in his soul.

"Uhm well.... I have been having them a lot recently and usually I can pull myself out but this one felt different, heavier somehow. If you get what I mean."

Theo looked at Liam understanding exactly what he meant but it wasn't an answer to his question. So he waited patiently for Liam to start talking again and actually finish the story that had so many holes in it that is was more like Swiss cheese then a good fundamental and clear story.

However Liam did not continue his Swiss story but just got very red and assaulted his salad by stabbing it repeatedly with a blunt fork.

"Okay. That sucks and I feel sorry for you. I really do and please come talk to me if you want someone to talk to, I'll always help you but that wasn't my question. I've had my fair share of panic attacks and I know there is a trigger for it. Now I don't know what triggers you but I assume it either had to do with the fact you've been kidnapped and tortured or that Hayden said something that triggered you." Theo reported when he was sure that Liam wasn't gonna talk on his own.

Liam looked up from his abused salad and gave Theo a pained look. "Both." He muttered under his breath before going back to his salad.

"Both?"

"Yes both. At first I had no clue why my body was doing this so I just shrugged it off saying I was overwhelmed by the schoolwork and maybe I had some panic left in my body from the kidnapping but as it kept happening I figured out that it probably was something deeper then that, so I googled it. By the way never google those things you are most likely going to die." Liam chuckled to himself before continuing his story.
"I didn't find anything that applied to me so I figured that it was probably nothing you know? And I dont have a special trigger or anything. I just get a little overwhelmed by noise or something I need to do in the future or something like that and I notice that my hand begins to shake. That's always the beginning." Liam explained.

Theo just stared at Liam. No one had noticed this. No one had the decency to figure out how crappy Liam was actually doing. And especially himself. He should have noticed. He should have been the one to find out that Liam wasn't okay.

"And well Hayden came by. She demanded her place back into the pack by trying to seduce me. She kissed me. And when I refused and pushed her away she threatened my mom." Liam stuffed his mouth full with a fork with salad that he'd been preparing since the beginning of the story.

Theo blinked a couple times, processing what he'd just heard. So Liam was probably having PTSD, that was fun.
He'd never liked Hayden anyway but now he felt particularly murderous towards Liam's ex.

"Can I kill her?" He asked dead serious to Liam.

"No of course not. But it is tempting though." Liam joked trying to clear the rooms dark energy. He succeeded. Theo laughed and sat next to him on the bed grabbing the salty snacks.

"How would you kill her?" Liam asked giving Theo a little smile.

"Uhm I don't know. I suppose I wouldn't, not if I didn't have a really good reason for it. I could always just break her neck, that would be easy and not make a bloody mess. But it wouldn't be as much fun though. I don't need her powers so I would probably go with something that cleans up fast, like poison, that won't show up on the autopsy." Liam's eyes grew wide and he killed shocked.

"You really thought this through huh?" He asked still looking a mix of scared and amused.

"Yeah well what's a ex serial killer to do for fun?" They both laughed a bit before Liam asked the next question.

"Do you miss it?"

"Miss what?" Theo was confused.

"Miss killing people? Staying with the dread doctors? Do you miss caring about other people?" Liam clarified.

"No. I absolutely don't miss the dread doctors. In fact I hated them, I was like a pet dog to them giving paws and giving them exactly what they wanted without a regard for what I wanted. And no I don't miss liking people, I didn't like the feeling of killing someone but I did like the power that came with it. I loved that power, that sense of control over someone's life and the moment you take it. But I would never do that again, just for that fun of it or because someone asks it from me. It is still someone's life I took and I do feel guilty. In some cases." Theo looked directly at Liam before answering the final question.

"Do I miss caring about people? Are you serious? It is the other way around. I used to not care and yes sometimes I miss that but do you really think I don't care? That I don't care about you?"

"You do?" Liam had dropped his fork in his salad and his blue eyes stared directly into Theo's turquoise ones.

"More then I could ever imagine little beta."

A/N I have a direction I want this to go in and I think it will be perfect but y'all got to stay with me here. Also do u remember this parallel? Cuss I kinda like it ngl. Anyways don't forgot to vote and comment. I love reading ur comments it legit makes me so happy. Ok bye now