36. Quick reflexes

Scott and the others arrived soon after and Theo stood up to tell the story once more. Liam was staring, without blinking, at the wall and creeped Mason out immensely. After the quick update from Theo they decided that it would be smart if they tried to follow Nolan's smell and that Liam would stay behind and wait for Talia, Stiles and Derek to come back and tell them.

Theo agreed because he knew it was the right thing to do not because he wanted to be stuck with Scott and Malia mostly. In his eyes Corey was the only okay one. But they needed to find Nolan or at least discover who took him even though Theo was quite sure that it was Monroe.

Theo did a quick test to see how alive Liam was and gave him a small pad on the shoulder as a sign of his affection. They had talked about it and Liam had made it clear that he didn't want Scott to know yet and Theo agreed merely because if Scott knew that would mean everyone knew and he wasn't quite ready to be absolutely scorned yet for dating their little puppy.

Liam looked Theo right in the eye and whispered very softly: "don't get hurt tulip." Theo gave a small chuckle at his new name and nodded his head. "I'll try."

And after that he walked away and out of the apartment, following the rest of the pack. After the door shut everyone with super heightened senses started sniffing the whole surrounding but if was more difficult then they had anticipated. It had been a while since and apparently the person that took him knew what they were doing because all they could smell was a weird combination of cinnamon and gasoline.

Mason and Lydia felt particularly useless because their powers weren't so handy in this scenario but Lydia was also quite pleased that her inner banshee didn't come out for if it did it wouldn't be about any good news. Mason just kinda slumped around Corey, not wanting to bother anyone.

"I can't smell anything!" Malia said clearly pissed off.

"Well then you're not smelling correctly. Do you smell that weird smell of gasoline and cinnamon?" Theo asked her walking straight north.

"Yeah so what? That isn't Nolan? We are trying to find Nolan remember?" Malia shot viscously.

"Yes I do but you apparently have no idea how someone kidnappes someone else in the supernatural world. You have to cover up the persons scent. And the gasoline is probably the vehicle that they got away with." Theo rolled his eyes.

"Yeah you would know all about that huh? How many people did you kidnap exactly?" She snarked. Corey and Lydia seemed extremely uncomfortable and Mason just pretended like he don't hear anything.

"Not that it should matter but zero if you must know so badly. I have never nor do I have the intentions to kidnap anybody." A joke flew through his head and he was temped to make it but he was quite sure they wouldn't appreciate it.

Malia rolled her eyes before something hit her hard in her stomach. It knocked the wind right out of her lungs and she made a weird huff that made Theo and Scott turn their heads around really quickly.

Theo jumped in an instant towards Malia and caught another arrow just a moment before it hit her. He looked at her with raised eyebrows in shock. She returned the look and grasped her stomach where the arrow had hit her.

Scott gasped and ran towards them dodging a arrow that went over his head and only missed him with a centimetre.

"Run!" Theo yelled at Lydia, Corey and Mason. Mason broke free from a deathly freeze and nodded. He grabbed Corey's arm and they turned invisible, just incase someone was watching. Lydia looked around and ran over to Scott.

Theo dropped the arrow he had caught and pulled out the one that was still in Malias stomach. "What the fuck?" He whispered.

"What?" Lydia asked.

"These are the same ones as Araya used to use." Theo said in shock.

Liam sat sat against the couch when Talia came home. Technically he could actually get on the couch but the floor was nice and cold and then he had to get up and he really didn't want that.

"What happened?" Talia's eyes grew wide as she saw her whole apartment trashed. "Where is Nolan?"

Liam turned his head around to her and see could clearly see the tears on his cheeks. His eyes were red and he put up a small smile to hide his sadness.

"Oh my god Liam. Are you okay? Did my brother do something cause I will kick his ass."

"No no I'm fine. I think. Uhm Nolan got kidnapped." Liam wiped away his tears with a stained sleeve and stood up.

"Kidnapped?! By who? And why?! I have so many questions." Talia dropped her bag on the floor and walked over to where Liam was. They both sat down on the couch.

"Uhm Okay where are Stiles and Derek? Because I really don't feel like telling this three times."

"I don't know. I know that Stiles had another class and I guess Derek went him. Please just tell why my apartment looks like a fucking hurricane went through it." Talia said.

"Well it isn't a big story but basically Theo and I were in my room, or well your room but you get my point, and we heard a crash and when we got here Nolan was gone and the apartment looked like well this." Liam spread his arm out to show the room. "I will help you clean up." He clarified.

"Oh I don't care about that just as long as you are okay. Are you okay?" Talia sounded sincere.

"Yes I think so. We just need to find Nolan and make sure no one dies right? Cause that has always been easy." Every fibre in Liam's body wanted to get angry, angry at whoever took Nolan, angry at whoever was the new enemy, angry at the whole world. He was just to tired. He had only been doing this for three years, how did Scott do this? All these years?

"I don't think you're okay Liam. Nolan was a part of your pack right?" Talia asked.

"I'm not an alpha so I don't have a pack. No Nolan was sorta a friend I suppose." Liam looked unsure.

"You seem awfully bad for just 'sorta a friend'. What's really bothering you?" Talia saw right through him.

"That I couldn't protect him." Liam rolled his head back against the wall behind the couch. "I should've protected him. I'm his friend and I was only a couple meters away. I should've been able to protect him. How does Scott do this? I can't do this." Liam sighed and another tear rolled over his cheek but he didn't even care enough to wipe it away.

"Actually I think you can. I don't know you very well but Theo has literally not shut up about you so I kinda think I know you. You care a lot about people right? And you would do anything to save them? You're not an alpha yet so this is a good start. I know you can do this Liam and, this might sound cheesy and it is, but you just have to believe in yourself and trust on the people that love you and you'll be a great leader someday. I believe in you. Please believe in yourself too. Oh hey I think Stiles and Derek are home!" Talia quickly switched and made Liam laugh.

"Thank you." He said before Stiles and Derek came waking in.

"Of course always." Talia gave him a cheeky grin.