30. The best spicy buffalo wings

After they had all woken up Stiles left again, he said he had to fix something back home so he drove back and so did Theo and Liam. They checked out, payed and drove back to beacon hills, that wasn't very far away.

Liam was excited to go home again. He missed his mom and Mason and Corey. Theo on the other hand was dreading the return to that god-awful town. He much rather wanted things to stay the same. He and Liam in that tiny room. It felt comfortable and cosy and now he had to return to living in his car and living on small scraps of food he could rack together.

He really didn't want to go back to beacon hills but he went anyway. For Liam. And because he had no other place to go. But mostly Liam.

Theo drove the truck back into town and reached Liam's house.

"There you go baby wolf. Try not to get kidnapped this time." Theo smiled.

"Wait you're not coming with me?" Liam looked a little shocked.

"No why would I?" Theo said confused. Liam had never made any indications that Theo would come with him.

"Because... I don't know. I just kinda expected that you without a house.... I don't know. Can you atleast come and meet my parents?" Liam pouted.

"Really? I mean... sure why not?" He wasn't really excited and he definitely didn't want to go, he'd much rather park his car somewhere else and keep reading on his book. But for Liam he would, so he went.

"Hey David. Is mom home?" Liam had walked through the front door to see his stepfather sitting on the couch with a newspaper.

"Yes she is upstairs but can you tell me why exactly Scott had to tell me that you were gone? I never got a text, a phone call, not even a note. I thought we talked about this Liam!" Dr Grayer didn't look up from his newspaper until the last sentence. He stared Liam right in his eye and pretended not to notice Theo, who was standing awkwardly in the corner next to the front door.

"Uhm yes sorry David. It was an emergency and quite frankly I forgot to tell you. I'm sorry and I will make sure that that will never happen again." Liam looked sincere enough for David to nod.

"And who is your friend there?" Dr Grayer asked talking about Theo.

"He is a friend from Uhm school." Liam lied terribly. He motioned his hand to wave that Theo should come closer. Theo stepped a little forward and made a small wave with his hand.

"I'm Theo." He said still a little awkward.

"I have seen you before." Dr Grayer eyed Theo suspiciously. "Aren't you one of Scott's friends?"

"I guess you could call it that." Theo answered. Liam stiffeled a laugh behind his hand.

"Yes Theo and Scott got really close sometime ago. Then something happened and now they're not so close anymore but I think they are okay now." Liam added completely unnecessary.

"Bit oversharing there little beta." Theo whispered.

"Oh what happened Theo?" Dr Grayer asked trying to puzzle out his sons life.

"Scott and I had feelings for the same girl for a while and it didn't end so well but we are on good terms now." Theo lied so smooth that Liam could even hear his heartbeat jump. If it wasn't for the little wink Theo gave him, Liam would have believed him.

"Oh okay. Well Scott is a good guy so I suppose you are too. Oh I think dinner is ready. Will you eat with us tonight Theo?" Dr Grayer asked.
Theo looked at Liam who gave him a decisive nod.

"I suppose. If that is alright with you and mrs Grayer of course."

"I am sure that that is perfectly fine Theo. I believe Jenna has cooked us a delicious buffalo wings. She truly has become a master at them." David gave Theo a wide grin as they all proceeded to walk to the kitchen.

"Jenna dear is it okay if Theo eats with us?" Dr Grayer hugged his wife from behind as he kissed her cheek.

"Yes of course. And he is....?" Jenna was still focussed on her pan to notice the boy standing behind the table.

"He is one of Liam's friends, and sort of Scott's but they're only okay right now." David joked and Jenna laughed a bit. "Yes. Can he handle some spice?" She asked into basically the air.

"Mom makes the best spicy buffalo wings." Liam excitedly spoke.

"Yes I can handle some spice." Theo laughed.

They all sat down at the table. Liam dove into the food as if it were the last thing he would ever eat. Theo waited patiently till everyone else had grabbed what they wanted to before he did.

"So Theo were do you live? Also in beacon hills?"

"Yes mrs Grayer." Before Theo could decide how much of his story he wanted to tell the woman Liam interrupted him and just made the decision for him.
"Theo moved back in town a year ago? Two years? I don't know exactly anymore."

"Oh you moved back? From where?" Dr Grayer asked. Theo made a soft grunt that only Liam could hear.

"My parents and sister died when I was eight in a horrible car crash and I had to move out of the city in a foster home. I never liked my foster family so the minute I turned eighteen I moved back into town." Theo said.

"Oh that can't be healthy." David noticed. "So where do you live now?"

"Uhm nowhere sir."

"Well now you do. You can move in upstairs." Jenna decided, getting a strange look from her husband.

"No no. I wouldn't feel good intruding your family like that." Theo declined.

"If you want to we have a small shed in the backyard. It isn't much but it's still a roof above your head at night?" Dr Grayer filled in earning a smile from his wife.

"If you are sure that would be okay with you?" He was actually considering it. Having a little house would be that bad. And he really didn't want to live in this car for the rest of his live, and so he could get a job and maybe pay for a own house after some time.

"Of course honey anything for Liam's friends. Mason sleeps over all the time and Corey too. I just want him to be happy you know?" Jenna had a soothing voice and was very calm.

"I wonder if your mom knows how happy I made you a couple nights ago." Theo whispered very softly to Liam without looking up from his plate. He had to contain a loud laugh when he heard Liam choking on his water.

"Are you okay Liam?" He asked innocently slightly patting on Liam's back.

"Yeah- no *cough* totally *cough*" Theo was trying so hard not to laugh he almost started crying. Luckily Liam calmed down a bit and they continued eating.

After they had finished all of their food Theo got to look at the shed he'd be living in. It was small but he absolutely loved it. It was big enough for a two person bed and a desk, stuffed in the corner. It had two bookshelves and a little drawer underneath the bed. It wasn't much but as soon as Theo hit the bed he fell asleep instantly, bringing a big smile on the Grayer parents.

A/N I know this chapter is kinda boring but the last two chapters were kind of a means to and end. You feel me? Anyways next chapters are gonna be a lot more exciting. But I'm not quite sure yet so is there anything you want to see? An ending you want? I'm curious.