51. I love you, Theo

"I promise." Theo had said, for he actually meant it. He promised to never leave Liam, it would kill him to do so too. His beta continued to cling on to him with everything he had and Theo accepted it; for once in his life he wanted to let someone love him.
The risk of hurting Liam and with that himself was one he was willing to take, since he couldn't seem to get rid of Liam. Theo had decided to be selfish. Selfish towards himself and Liam. Selfish in a way that he wanted Liam so bad he couldn't seem to deny himself any longer.

"Liam?" Theo whispered in Liam's neck.

"Hmmhm." Was the small reply he got.

"Could you please get into the car, I want to drive you somewhere." As a last attempt -after it had become clear Liam wasn't going to get off himself- he tried to shake the beta off. Liam only clinged on tighter.
"Li its only been one week. I love you but I'm not dead. Please get on your pretty little feet before I have to physically throw you off."

That seemed to work. Liam slowly but steadily stood on the ground, not pleased with the situation at all. "First of all my feet aren't little. Second of all I was perfectly happy there why did i have to come down? And third of all where do you so desperately need to take me?"

"Ah I'm glad you asked. But unfortunately for you I am unable to answer that right now. So if you will just accompany me in my beautiful truck, you shall see for yourself." Theo said with a stuck up accent that made Liam smile and his hesitation vanish.

"Alright then. But you better not kidnap me or I will throw a tantrum." Liam threatened, his desired effect however did not work as Theo only chuckled and opened the door, gracefully bowing as he pointed inside.

"Get in, my kind sir."

Liam stuck out his tongue as he did so. Theo only smiled in return.

They did not drive in silence like they did last time. No, this time Theo had put on a variety of different songs they now carefully listened to, afraid to break the fragile energy that hung in between them. Till eventually Liam got bored and upset with the lack of attention his boyfriend was giving him. While refusing to answer any of Theo's confused looks he searched a very specific song and decided to put it on.

Out on our own.
Dreaming in a world we both know
Is out of our control
But if shit hits the fan we're not alone. 

Theo looked at Liam with extreme confusing in his eyes, and furrowed eyebrows. He had never heard this song before and Liam kept looking at his with an quite odd face expression that he could not fully read. It confused him.

Cause you've got me and you know
That I've got you and I know.

It was a cute song so far, Theo had to admit but he still didn't quite understand Liam. The beat was good sure and the texts was also fine but nothing groundbreaking.

If the tide takes California
I'm so glad I got to hold ya
And if the sky falls falls from heaven above
Oh, I know I had the best time
Falling into love.

Now he got it. A small smile appeared on Theo's face as he turned his head and saw Liam. His cute boyfriend was totally singing along with the song and even moving his head a bit. It was truly adorable in the eyes of the chimera.

We've been living on the fault line
And for a while you were all mine
I've spent a lifetime giving you my heart
I swear that I'll be yours forever
Till forever falls apart

That's it. Theo parked the car, making Liam's head shoot to his direction in indignation.

"Get out." Theo had already opened his door and was now crutching down to look Liam in his beautiful blue eyes.

"No. I'm not finished yet." Liam seemed upset that Theo had cut off his music.

"I don't care, get out of the car. I need to show you something." The door on Liam's side has now opened too and a hand stretched out, which the beta took not without a bit of hesitation.

Theo lead them up a hill that seemed endless to the tired and confused beta. It was gorgeous of course but long to the tired mind. What seemed like eternity, ended up being five minutes and they stood at the top of the hill.

The view was more beautiful then anything either Theo and Liam had ever seen before. It was ten times more beautiful then the cliff that looked over beacon hills. The clear starry night covered them in a big layer of black with stars all over it.

The city lay spread underneath them, the nightlights on. The people had all returned to their house; peace was restored once again.

"Dance with me." Theo said stretching out his hand.

"I can't dance." Liam seemed doubtful and Theo noticed that with ease.

"I can't either." He grabbed Liam's hand, spinning him around, loosing all tension the second he saw a small smile appear on Liam's face as he just went with it.

They danced till Theo decided he was done and pressed Liam against him, standing absolutely still holding him tight. They sat down on the cold and icy ground, up against a tree staring into the horizon.

"Je t'aime avec tout ce que je suis, j'ai et tout ce que je serai jamais. Tu es la meilleure partie de moi." Theo looked at Liam with a gaze that only could be described as pure love and admiration.

"I have absolutely no idea what you just said but I love you too. I think?" Liam looked up a tiny bit, he was only one or two inches smaller than Theo but the chimera never seized an opportunity to mock him for it.

"You think?" A small tremble was heard in the usually confident Theo. He didn't let go but he did turn up a wall, that Liam could instantly see.

"Oh no. I absolutely love you. I do. I said I think because I didn't know if that was was you said in french." Theo visibly relaxed in the arms of his love, but Liam had decided he wasn't quite done yet.

"I love you Theo, I love you so much. I love everything about you. I love the way you smile when you see me. I love the way you look at me. I love the way you always seem to understand me even when I don't even know. I love the way you always seem to match my vibe and don't make me feel bad for it. I love the way you talk and the way you use words. I love how you can make me feel. I love the way you pretend not to care about anything but if I got hurt you'd hunt them down. I love all the small things about you, like the way you play with your fingers when you're nervous or how your foot always seems to tap to the music. I love you, Theo."

Theo was now full on crying. He pressed Liam against his heart. The heart the beta now owned.

It scared him; the love he had for Liam. It was more than he could've ever imagined and it absolutely terrified him. Theo had never gotten used to giving out power and even loving for that matter. He was raised with the ideal that love was for the weak and would only be used as an attack weapon. Never in his whole life could he have anticipated that he would feel this way.

It felt like a gun. A gun against his head. He had handed this gun to Liam by giving him his heart and all he could do now is praying that Liam wouldn't pull the trigger. All he could do is stand there and love Liam for all he was. So he would. Hoping that Liam wouldn't pull the trigger. It had felt like a gun.

If only he knew what would happen next.

And that was it.