37. What's it gonna be Scott?

"What the fuck do you mean these are the same ones Araya used to use?" Lydia asked. Malia stared at her, Lydia wasn't someone to curse very often. If she did right now she must've been very upset.

"I mean that after a couple get shot in my stomach and back I think I remember what they look like." Theo said sarcastically. He broke the arrow in half and then again. After the threw the broken pieces into the woods he spoke again. "We should probably keep moving because I have a small suspicion that these aren't the only traps Monroe or Araya or whoever the fuck put these out there, didn't stop with just these ones."

Scott nodded and walked further still following the weird scent. "Maybe we should call for backup?" Lydia suggested with a tiny hint of doubt in her voice.

"We could. Or just could just keep walking and following this trail hoping it won't lead us straight to our deaths."

"Thanks Malia, that really helped." Lydia stepped over a wet tree trunk with a disgusted face. Theo scoffed but continued smelling, they were getting closer.

"Shouldn't we at least call Mason and Corey to let them know we're alright?" Lydia pulled her foot out of a puddle and looked absolutely repulsed by the wet mud that dripped of her shoe. "Did I ever happen to tell you all that I hate-"

"Shhhh!" Theo interrupted her and put a finger on his mouth to show everyone to stay really quiet. He looked at Scott went a bit lower. Scott nodded back and went left. Malia flashed her eyes and flicked out her claws, ready for attack.

A soft crack was heard from a couple hundred feet away, too far to hear for the normal human ear but not for the supernatural. Scott also flashed his eyes quick just to see if there was anyone.
The cracks of twigs came closer and they could clearly hear one heartbeat.
Theo found it a bit weird that the person had now reached about twenty feet away but still had they not catched a glimpse of them.

A low growl escaped Scott's mouth when a heavily armed Monroe stepped out of the tree line.

"Oh great. You again."

Stiles and Derek had been home for a while and they sat down to talk strategies. Talia, Liam, Stiles and Derek all day around the table talking about the best ways to defeat this new threat. This went on for over forty minutes and Liam felt like shit. He had always been bad at strategies and was more of a Do-then-think kinda person.

As it turned out Talia was amazing with strategies and the three just kept talking and talking while he withered away in his seat, slowly sinking down till he was practically laying on it. He felt out of place and he much rather wanted to be out in the field with Scott and Theo.

"I think I'm just gonna go to bed for a while. Wale me when something important happens." Liam announced rudely interrupting the conversation and walking out of the room into the room Talia had assigned his. He fell onto the bed face first and didn't even bother to turn around. He fell asleep within minutes.

"Hey Liam! Wake up!" Someone shook him violently. He grunted and turned around, away from the person that tried to wake him. "Liam wake up! Mason and Corey are here!" Talia kept shaking him till he woke up and stared at her with a very grumpy look on his face.

"Why are they here?" He croaked. "Aren't they with Theo and Scott?"

"Yes But apparently they got shot." That woke Liam up. In fact he was out of the room within seconds.

"Where are they?!" He flopped a hoodie over his head and ruffled his hair a bit before putting on his shoes and running out of his room. Talia chuckled lightly when he literally fell over on his own feet.

"In the woods. And I thought you werewolves were supposed to have excellent coördination?"

"Yeah well I don't. Why aren't you more worried? You just said that Theo got shot?" Liam looked around the living-room, Mason and Corey sat on the table still with their coats on and Stiles and Derek just stared at him.

"Because it's Theo. He's like weed, he's unkillable." Stiles chipped in. Liam shot Stiles a not so appreciative smile. "Besides we're leaving soon and he's with Scott and Lydia. And Malia. They'll be fine." 

"Okay But like can we leave now? Because if they're dying in the woods I rather be doing something then just sitting here like a bunch of losers!" Liam was starting to get a little agitated. He didn't even wait for an answer and put on his coat and looked expectantly at the group. "Who's car are we taking?"

"Oh great. You again." Theo remarked sarcastically.

"Yes me. Careful there Scott don't want to hurt yourself now do you?" Monroe said after Scott growled at her and flicked out his claws. She held a big gun pointed straight at Lydia's face. "She doesn't heal from a bullet to the head right? So I suggest you calm down and do exactly as I say."

After another low growl from Scott he blinked and his eyes turned the pretty brown colour again and the claws retracted. "Fine. What do you want?" He asked.

"Him." She pointed the gun at Theo quickly before it went back to Lydia again. "He killed my sister and so many other people. He must die." Theo's eyes grew wide. He didn't want to die.

"So this is my ultimatum: either you hand over that boy to me or we officially finish the war we started before. This time it won't stop until you're dead Scott McCall." She looked him fiercely in the eye not backing down.

"Please Scott. I don't want to die." Theo whispered in the air very softly. He hated begging but in this case it seemed appropriate.

"You can take him. I don't care." Malia announced. Lydia gasped and stared at her friend.

"No you can't. He's a part of Liam's pack. Don't you dare sell him out Scott!" Lydia yelped. She felt bad for Theo, he had proven himself worthy of her trust and he clearly meant a lot to Liam, she had noticed.

Monroe raised one eyebrow in anticipation. "What's it gonna be Scott? Is his life really worth a war? You know he doesn't deserve to live. It's up to you."

Scott just stared at her. Malia and his logic on one side whispering how Theo wasn't worth it, and if they could get rid of him and save lives, that would be a win-win situation right?
And on the other side Lydia and his heart telling him that it was wrong to hand over Theo for dead like that. The war was gonna come anyway, who says Monroe would stop there? He couldn't just kill Theo like that, it was just blatantly wrong.

"What's it gonna be Scott?"

A/n I sort of accidentally told my mom that I was writing this and she insisted on reading a bit and she said, and I quote: "it's not terrible." What am I suppose to do with that? Anyway I'm glad you people like it (I think) and what do you think Scott's gonna do?