16. The dawn coven

"I think I know who kidnapped Liam." Theo said snapping out of his haze and focussing on actually telling Mason and Corey his ideas.

"Who?" Mason looked incredibly eager. His eyes almost pooped out of his head.

"I need to go talk to Talia." Theo stood up to go and talk to his sister, she knew way more then she was letting on. And he needed to know too.

"No. Nonono. I asked who? You are gonna answer me and you are gonna do that right now!" Mason seemed mad, but Theo was already out the door walking to his truck.

After his extremely informative talk with his sister they walked back up to Mason, who was going out of his mind, and Corey, who seemed very busy trying to get Mason back into his mind.

"Okay as you know this is my long lost sister, Talia" Theo started this as if it was gonna be a long story. "She was kidnapped when she was eight. We think it was by the same person that now has kidnapped Liam." Mason's eyes grew open and looked shocked.

"Do you know how to find them?"

"No. Not yet but can I please finish my story?"

"Yeah no sure. Go for it." Mason was now truly sitting on the edge of his seat.

"As I was saying Araya probably kidnapped Liam to get to me. So my plan is to give her what she wants and then you two..." he pointed two fingers to Corey and Talia. "...will take Liam. In this way we will get Liam back unharmed and Araya will get of our backs. Plan clear?"

"No. No. No no no. Hold up. Give her what she wants. No you can't do that. She'll kill you!" Talia interjected.

"Yeah I know. But if that will bring Liam back safely, it's a sacrifice I am willing to make."

"No no no no. Mhm not gonna happen. Nope just got you back not gonna lose you again. Nope."

"Well I'm gonna do it anyways so you might as well just help."

Mason and Corey just kinda sat there awkwardly on the bed not really knowing where their place in this conversation was.

"Uhm who the fuck is Araya?" Mason intervened.

Talia and Theo snapped their heads over to the forgotten couple in the bed.

"Araya is an old family friend. Her parents Uhm had a fight with our parents and let's just say it didn't end well. She and her sister, Tamora, have been seeking revenge for the last decade. Her parents kidnapped Talia...." He pointed to Talia as if they had forgotten who she was in the last ten minutes. "...And our parents retaliated in a way she has never forgive our family for."

"Okay But why did she keep Talia for over decade?" Corey asked, he was smart enough to see the many holes in Theo's story. Mason on the other hand just looked shocked and had some trouble puzzling all the pieces together.

Theo looked at the floor and Talia at the wall. It was more then obvious that they did not want to answer this question. The answer was long, complicated and told them way more then they were originally going to tell them.

"Uhm...." Talia didn't really have an answer so she just uttered out a weird sounds that was in no means an actual answer.

Corey raised both his eyebrows, somewhat cockily waiting for his explanation. Uhm wasn't good enough for him.

"Fine. I'll tell you." Theo began.

"Goodmorning sweetheart." Araya came bursting through the door holding a knife and a granola bar, the same disgusting one as yesterday but Liam was so weak he couldn't even find the energy to care.

"Hmmm." He just responded.

"Yes I have missed you too. Okay I have a proposition for you. Or wait! Oh yeah that's right. You don't have a choice. Haha oops sorry." The more this woman said the crazier she sounded. Liam was really done with her bullshit but he couldn't do anything about.

"Go for it." He said sounding very tired and exhausted.

"I am going to ask you a question and you are going to answer honestly. If not you get the knife. If I think you have answered enough questions honestly, you get the granola bar."

This crazy psycho wasn't kidding either.

"Okay Yeah sure. I'll do it but on one condition. Instead of the granola bar can I please can something better? If you are gonna kill me anyways let one of my last meals please be something better then those."

"I suppose that's fair." And she walked out, leaving the door open. Liam's mind went wild with all the endless possibilities of him throwing off the chains and making a run for it. But even if he did get his chains off there was a huge possibility that the house was surrounded with mountain ash. Something inside of him told him that she had done this before and was prepared for the absolute worst.

So after a few minutes of wallowing in his own defeat she came back, pleasantly surprised by seeing him still sitting in the exact same place she had left him.

She held up a chocolate bar with dried strawberries. Liam nodded his head. That would do it.

"Okay question one. How long have you known the Reaken boy for? Oh come on this is the easiest one. No need to make a face."

"For almost 3 years now."

"Question two. Is it true that he tried to kill your alpha? And follow up is it true that you have forgive him for that?"

"Yes and yes."

"Hmmmm interesting. Question three. Is it true you are in love with him?"

"Yes."

Theo sighed and his face tensed up a bit. It was now or never. They were going to find out anyway. Better it would come from him.

"Araya's family was in the same coven as ours." He let out without breathing.

"Coven? As in witches?" Corey has never looked so confused.

"Yes as in witches. Araya's father used to be the leader but after he had a Yugen the coven kicked him off that position and my mom got it. They were furious and tried kidnapping Talia in order to steal her magic and give it to Tamora so he could have his leadership back."

"Wo-wo-wow. Hold up. Leader of coven? Yugen? Talia's magic?" Corey asked. Mason looked as if he were from stone. He hadn't moved in fifteen minutes.

"Yes leader of the coven. The dawn coven to be precise. A Yugen is a child born without magic. A muggle if you want to butcher it. And yes Talias magic. My whole family has magic so that would include Talia and me. Because we are twins our magic would have been twice as strong but we never preformed the binding spell. But that doesn't matter right now." Corey now looked exactly the same as mason. As if someone had hit them on the head with a frying pan.

"So to answer your question Corey on why they kept Talia alive for over a decade. It was because even after Araya's parents were dead she still tried to extract Talia's magic for her sister. It didn't work completely as you can see but Talia's magic is extremely weakened to the point of uselessness. The magic not her." Theo felt that he needed to specify that.

"All very nice and stuff but how is this going to help us find Liam?" Mason finally unfroze and spoke up. Still trying to process the current information given he solely focussed on what he did know. And that was that they needed to find Liam. And judging by recent developments that needed to happen fast.