40. What happened?!

Theo felt terrible. Every single vibre of his being hurt. That's why he refused to open his eyes for hours, afraid of what he might see.

"Is he still unconscious?" A deep voice asked after long hours of complete and utter silence.

"I think so yes. I mean his vitals are okay but he still seems comatose." A voice said that he recognised with ease. Liam.

"Hm will he be okay?" The deep voice asked, and even from afar Theo could hear the worry. That must've been Derek.

"He better be. If he isn't I will kill him myself." Liam halfheartedly joked. A soft chuckle was heard from Derek. Theo's brain smiled because he didn't want to rat himself out by laughing.

"We do have to tell him though. I just hope that after Scott comes back he has some good news." The whole energy changed within seconds and Theo only smelled dark chemosignals. He mentally frowned. What the hell were they talking about?

"Yeah sorry kid but that's something you need to do. And Scott will be fine, I know you're worried about him, but he can stand his own and he is with malia and Lydia. They'll be fine. I'm a little worried about him though." Theo knew that Derek was talking about him. "He needs to wake up anytime soon or we seriously have a problem."

Theo felt a little pang of guilt for not letting them know he was awake yet. But he couldn't just randomly wake up now, that would be weird. So he just moved his foot around a little bit just to show them that he was in fact alive.

A sharp sting went through this leg and foot and he quickly stopped moving. Why did his foot hurt so much? And now he was thinking about it why did his whole body hurt so much? How did he even get here? What happened? A million questions flew through his head, all unanswered and slowly driving him insane.

"No he's fine." Liam optimistically stated. "He has to be fine or else it was for nothing. Or else she died for nothing. So he's fine he has to be."

Theo shot up, pain racing through his whole body and he made a strangled noice. Who died? His eyes flew open and he stared at Liam, who looked mildly shocked.

"Who died?!" Theo groaned trying not to show his pain.

"How long have you been awake for?" Derek asked with a small undertone of indignation.

"A little while, I only truly woke up when you said that. Who died?" Theo bent the truth just a bit, having perfected his lying skills they would never know.

Derek patted Liam on his shoulder, said "you got this kid." and walked out. Theo frowned, Derek never left the room unless he really didn't want to be there.

"So.... what do you remember from two days ago?" Liam asked carefully waking over into Theo's room and lingered around the couch he was put on.

"Two days ago?! That long? Not that much. Wait.... didn't I get shot?" Theo pressed on his stomach right beside his heart. He flinched but didn't feel the pain he anticipated, it stung a little but then again his whole body hurt like hell, so that wasn't as bad.

"Yeah you did." Liam looked at his shoes. "And you died. Well sort off. Not completely because you're still here." Liam looked up and stared right into Theo's confused eyes. "Do you want some food?" Liam threw in.

"What no? How am I here if I almost died? How did I even get here? What happened Liam?!" Theo's eyes flashed and they turned the usual pretty gold again. Liam didn't expect that and got scared for a second and took a step back.

"Uhm..." Liam took another step back.

"Tell me Liam!! What happened!!" Theo stood up from his couch and groaned from the pain that courses through his body. But his anger was stronger and the adrenaline pushed away the pain.

"Who died!!" Theo now almost yelled, terrifying the shit out of Liam, who was now slowly backing up out of the room.

Theo was getting really angry now, why would liam hold something back for him. He was tired of it.

"TELL ME LIAM!! WHO DIED??!!!" Liam had almost reached the wall before something inside Liam flipped. His eyes turned golden and he looked mad.

"YOUR SISTER!!" He yelled back. The second the words left his mouth his eyes went back to blue and grew wide. He slapped his hand over his mouth as if to retract the last sentence and undo what he just did.

"Wh-What?" Theo stumbled back almost tripping over his own feet.

"Uhm Talia is dead." Liam mumbles under his breath but Theo could still hear it. He fell back onto the couch breathing heavily. Theo looked frantically around the room only for his eyes to turn back to Liam.

"Please tell me that's not true. Please tell me that my sister didn't die saving me. Please oh please tell me that my sister isn't dead!" Theo's eyes had a soft watery layer in them as he pleaded to Liam to tell him that it was a joke, that it was fake.

"I'm so sorry." Liam was also almost crying.

Theo looked away. "I killed her." He whispered into the wind. His vision was blurry but he willed himself not to cry. "I killed my sister. Again."

Liam had no clue how to respond to this. He sucked with emotions both his own as others.
"No you didn't. This wasn't your fault, she gave her life for you to live." That was all he got. No big speech like in the movies, just this.

Liam was uncertain but knew he had to do a little more then that so he walked over to where Theo was and sat down next to the chimera. He turned around and gripped Theo into a tight hug, with Theo's face pressed against his chest.

Theo had fought the tears for so long but he couldn't hold them in anymore. After the first one fell, without him even noticing, they didn't stop. His whole body shook as Liam softly caressed him on his back.

"I killed her." He whispered again as he wetted Liam's shirt with his tears.

A/N so sorry this is such a short chapter but I have a lot of school work and I had a bit of a mental breakdown today so I didn't really feel like it. So sorry. Anyways what do you think is gonna happen with Scott and Monroe? Also because I absolutely love reading your comments, how do you think Theo is gonna deal with the loss of his sister? Still sorry btw.