Chapter 3

"How old is he?" Kim Seokjin asked his mother who was busy in chopping onions for the dinner. It's been few hours since Kim Taehyung's arrival to Seoul and he had been spending his time by watching television and roaming around the house.

Kim Jisoo looked back to see his brother who was almost in verge of sleeping.

"He is 30."

"But he doesn't act like one." Kim Seokjin commented before turning the page of the book that he had been reading. His mother never allowed him to work and so he always found himself in the kitchen with a book when his mother was cooking.

He loved talking with her, and giving her a company.

"That has nothing to do with his age, Seokjin. Why don't you go and talk to him?" Kim Seokjin was taken aback by his mother's request. He closed his book in frustration and looked at his new relative who was rubbing his eyes with back of his palm to control his sleep.

Jin got down from the kitchen counter and turned his attention to his mother.

"What should I call him?"

"You can call by his name, he wouldn't mind it. Or it would be better if it is Uncle."

"Eww, never in my life I would call him that. He is still a stranger to me." Kim Seokjin shook his head and walked to the living room where his new relative was sitting on the couch. He rolled his eyes back by seeing the Tom and Jerry running on the television screen.

"Uhm A-Ajhussi." Jin tried to call politely and he knew that his mother would be watching him. He didn't want to disappoint her.

Kim Taehyung who was trying hard not to sleep suddenly widened his eyes and turned around his head to see his nephew.

"Omo, Jinnie. Come, come sit." Kim Taehyung put his leg down from the head rest and patted the empty spot beside him. But Seokjin ignored it and grabbed a chair next to the couch.

He was feeling awkward to have a conversation with someone whom he had never met in years. He awkwardly sat on the edge of his chair and looked at the television screen for god knows how long hours.

"You are going school?" Seokjin snapped out of his system when he heard the deep voice. He looked aside to see Taehyung tilting his head while waiting for his answer.

"College." With a simple one word Jin finished replying. He wasn't liking how his guest occupied their house like he owned it.

Taehyung seemed not to mind about Jin's gestures over him and he nodded before shifting his eyes to the television. Kim Seokjin couldn't help and wonder what the person next to him was qualified of.

His eyes looked back of Taehyung where he could see his other busy in cooking and he decided to ask the Ajhussi.

"Uh, w-what do you do, Ajhussi?" Jin asked like he was unsure of his question. Kim Taehyung jumped happily by hearing someone asking something to him. He sat on the couch with his feet crossed aove it and turned his full attention over his nephew.

"In Daegu, I used to do all the house chores. Papa and Mama were getting tired easily, so I go to market and clean the house every day.

I cook them every meal and watch television if I get some free time off. Time will run quickly there, and I will ride bicycle to deliver newspapers to the neighborhood.

Now that I am here, Noona doesn't let me do any help." Taehyung pouted making Jin to furrow is eyebrows. From what he heard, he doesn't think that his guest had understood his question.

"No, Ajhussi. I-I meant what you studied? You know your degree and qualification."

"Ow! It's been years since I went to school. After my high school, I spent time with my parents by doing house works." Kim Seokjin looked at the man before him in disbelief. He couldn't believe that this weird guy was illiterate and doesn't have a degree.

When he was about to ask further questions, he was stopped by his mother.

"Enough of your talks, now come and lets have dinner together." Kim Seokjin rolled his eyes by finding his mother trying to stop judging her brother.

Kim Taehyung jumped happily and ran to the dining table to serve the plates. He made his sister to sit before serving his sister's family the dinner.

"You know, I can do it Tae." Kim Jisoo said with a smiling face by seeing her brother trying to feed her.

"It's been long time since I fed you, Noona. I used to feed our parents but now I only got you." Though Kim Taehyung said it like it was nothing, deep inside he was broken and sad. But he was thankful for his sister for letting him inside her house and giving him shelter and food.

"I am going to throw up with this cheesy brother-sister convo." Seokjin commented without even bothering to look at food. He was busy in scrolling his phone and took a big bite of ramen from chopstick.

"Seokjin, how many times have I told you not to use mobile in front of the food? What if I put poop on it and still you eat because you don't see what's on the plate." Kim Seokjin sighed heavily when he heard his Ajhussi laughing by his sister's remarks.

Seokjin cursed lowly before dropping his phone on the side of the table and digging his food. He casually tried to look at his mother who was sitting opposite to him and opening her mouth for her brother to feed her.

An unknown smile plastered on his face by seeing his mother smiling happily. He knew that she missed her family so much. But now seeing his mother like this made his heart happy. Though he didn't like Kim Taehyung, he was thankful that his presence made his mother looking happy.

Soon the Kims family finished their dinner, with Kim Taehyung washing the dishes. No matter how many times Kim Jisoo stopped him, Taehyung took it as his duty to clean the dishes.

"I have to do homework. Good night, ma." With that Kim Seokjin stood up from the chair before picking his mobile. He gave a kiss on his mother's cheek and walked inside his bedroom by making sure that he had locked it.

He plopped down on the bed heavily before lying on his stomach. He picked up books from his college bag, and spread it open to finish his pending works.

He could hear faint giggles of his mother, and he knew that the siblings were talking. He decided not to disturb them and started to write down his assignments. He wasn't bothered about where his new guest was going to sleep.