Won't Let You Go

Louisiana's smiled as he made coffee in his kitchen, listening to the conversation out in his front porch.

"Se konsa lè sa a, kayiman an sote senkant pye nan lè a!" A neighbor shouted.

"Sa wo?" DC responded and Louisiana smiled. His partner was getting so much better at Creole as time went by. He finished brewing the coffee and poured his partner a mug, walking out of the kitchen to his front porch.

"Mwen sèmante sou lavi mamas mwen!" The neighbor responded as the muggy Louisiana air hit the state. DC stood against the porch, in Louisiana's oversized jersey, smiling as the neighbor went on. His hair was already wet with sweat, and his face was already shiny, but Louisiana never saw him more beautiful.

"Darlin here's your coffee." Louisiana whispered handing the fed his mug.

"Thanks Loui." DC said with a smile kissing his boyfriends cheek.

"Ou de bon kounye a!" The neighbor called waving. DC waved back before leaning into Louisiana, nuzzling against his chest.

"Tell ya what darlin?" Louisiana suggested. "It's so damn hot today, why don't we go to this swimming hole I know of?"

"Swimming?" DC asked picking up his head.

"Guess for you it'd be wading." Louisiana said with a laugh kissing his boyfriends hair. "But it'll cool you down."

"That might be nice." DC said softly. "Last time I went to a swimming hole; I almost became croc chow."

"Because pudding got too brave." Louisiana pointed out teasingly. "But after your coffee lets go down."

"Just don't let me go." DC smiled kissing Louisiana again. Louisiana grinned and playfully squeezed the back of DC.

"Shame....I like seeing you wearing my jersey." Louisiana said with a slight growl making DC go red.

"Louiiii you're terrible!"

Louisiana took off his hat and wiped the sweat off his brow.

"There it is darlin'!" Louisiana announced gently helping DC over the last rock. Out in front of the two states was a large swimming hole of clear water, with trees dotting the shore and people splashing in the water or relaxing on the beach. There were ropes hanging on the branches closet to the trees so people could swing into the river, and paddle boats and canoes if people wanted to venture further away.

"Wow....it's....." DC gasped eyes wide.

"Better then sha's beaches huh?" Louisiana said with a smile.

"How deep...?" DC asked.

"If you want to go in, I'll hold ya." Louisiana offered kissing DC's head and taking him gently leading him to the beach. The two settled down in a spot, Louisiana doing most of the work since DC was too fascinated with the area around him. He felt himself wandering away, going to the edge of the swimming hole and letting the gentle waves nip at his toes.

"Want to go in?" Louisiana asked making DC jump.

"If you're ready..." DC said with a soft smile. Louisiana smirked and took off his shirt.

"Take my hand." Louisiana ordered taking DC's hand. DC couldn't tear his eyes away from his boyfriends muscular chest and barely felt himself being lead into the water. He soon became aware, however, as the water got closer to his thighs and he felt himself clutching Louisiana's arm.

"Alright I'm gonna hold you alright?" Louisiana ordered stopping. DC nodded and let his boyfriend clutch his torso as they got deeper, until he was fully being supported by the Cajun.

"This is deep." DC muttered.

"Comfortable darlin?" Louisiana asked smiling. DC smiled up at his boyfriend.

"Yeah....just don't let me go." DC said with a snicker.

"I think you can get wet though." Louisiana said with a smirk. Before DC could respond, Louisiana suddenly sunk him and then tossed him up in the air, back into his arms.

"YOU DICK." DC yelled although he couldn't stop laughing.

"Me and you together then?" Louisiana asked holding DC tight. In an instant Louisiana dunked them both down, coming back up more soaked then ever.

"God I hate you." DC said with a laugh.

"No you don't." Louisiana said gently leaning in close. DC giggled and met their lips.

"I don't."

"Crawfish tonight?" Louisiana asked later that day. The two were relaxing on the beach with DC's head on Louisiana's lap.

"Don't make fun of me for eating them this time." DC mumbled falling asleep.

"A knife and fork are a sin." Louisiana said with a laugh. He smoothed down DC's hair and watched his features relax as he finally gave in to sleep.

"Mwen renmen ou." DC whispered.

"Mwen renmen ou." Louisiana said back, smoothing down DC's hair. "Forever and always."