Regret

A/N: In my defense I was encouraged 

Confederacy mention 

Alcohol tw

Louisiana dragged his feet to the kitchen, emotionally spent from the day's events. Despite the all clear, the main five were still feeling nervous and scared with DC still in Washington. He was still in a shutdown like state, but IDC reassured them he was safe at her apartment with District and Gov caring for him, and he'd probably be back to normal in a few hours. It took all their strength to keep Texas and New York from storming down to Washington themselves, and more persuasive methods to keep Florida from joining them.

Overall, Louisiana thought he deserved that daiquiri.

He trudged into the kitchen, snapping on the light and jumping back in shock.

"Georgia? You're up?" Louisiana asked the man sitting at the kitchen island. Georgia didn't respond, just took a sip from his mug, and Louisiana sighed.

"Kentucky okay?" Louisiana asked moving around the island to get to the alcohol cabinet. His eyes fell to the floor by Georgia's feet, and spotted two empty bottles of whiskey sitting next to him.

"Mary got him to sleep." Georgia muttered, and Louisiana sensed a slur to his words.

"Georgia, how much did you drink tonight?" Louisiana asked, well aware he was sounding very hypocritical tonight.

"Not enough." Georgia whispered, taking another sip.

"Georgia he's safe, he's at IDC's apartment." Louisiana pointed out watching Georgia put his mug down, grab the half-empty whiskey bottle in front of him, and pour another cup.

"How long will he be safe?" Georgia asked putting the bottle down again.

"He'll be safe once he gets back to Orlando." Louisiana said moving towards the southern state as he took another swig.

"Then he goes back to Washington, and he won't be safe." Georgia whispered.

"Georgia..."

"I couldn't protect him, I can't protect him." Georgia mumbled putting the mug down.

"I think you had enough sha." Louisiana said quickly grabbing the mug. Georgia grabbed the mug from the Cajun state, beginning a struggle that forced the drunk man to stand up.

"LET ME HAVE THIS." Georgia demanded.

"YOU CAN'T JUST DRINK YOUR FEELINGS AWAY." Louisiana screamed.

"YOU'RE ONE TO TALK!"

"THIS WON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!"

"I FAILED DC LIKE I FAILED JAMES." Louisiana froze, and Georgia finally let himself collapse on his knees on the floor. He watched the southern states body begin to shake with sobs, and quickly put the mug down before kneeling next to him.

"James begged me....James begged me not to listen to Confederacy. I....I was too blind....it's my fault...he's dead. I....let DC go to....I let him go....and.....he almost died..." Georgia cried.

"Hey, hey, sha DC had to go to Washington to work, you know this." Louisiana whispered.

"I....I never told him I loved him....before he went in.....or when James left for Atlanta...." Georgia cried.

"It's not your fault, neither of them were. We were all blind to Confederacy's advances; James heard there was trouble in Atlanta and wanted to help. DC was going to do his job, he's the fed at the end of the day. You couldn't have foreseen Atlanta burning or the insurrection." Louisiana pointed out.

"I....I feel like I failed both of my boys." Georgia whimpered. "D-DC's not even mine by blood...."

"But he's yours in spirit sha, and that's all that matters." Louisiana said with a smile wiping Georgia's tears with his thumbs. "You didn't fail your boys, Georgia. You raised one big hearted boy who gave his life to help, and giving one big hearted fed the love he should've been given by his biological father. You're a good dad." Georgia let out another whimper before burying his head into Louisiana's chest. Louisiana held Georgia tight, rubbing his back and letting him cry for several minutes before helping him stand.

"C'mon sha." Louisiana whispered. "You've a boyfriend in there who needs your comfort right now."

"So that's a phone huh?" A young man, about late teens early twenties, signed in a nice bedroom.

"I can't believe you've never seen a phone before." DC signed back, looking worse for wear, exhausted, and put in the warmest pajamas his cousins could find back in his sister's place. Still, the young man who came in with District when they were delivering some dinner to him seemed nice, and he knew sign.

"I died a long time ago! We didn't have those!" The man said, making DC snicker out loud. DC jumped when the guest bedroom door opened, and an exhausted IDC peeked her head in.

"DeeDee? How are you doing?" IDC asked. DC shrugged and IDC nodded.

"That's understandable. Tomorrow I want you to go back to Orlando." IDC announced. At his sister's declaration, DC shook his head beginning to sign that he had work to do but she held up her hand.

"No butts. We all had a terrible day and need to rest. Plus your boyfriends are worried." IDC pointed out. DC sighed and put his phone on his bedside table.

"Night DeeDee, I'll check on you in a few." IDC whispered, snapping the lights off and leaving. DC snuggled under the covers as the young man came back.

"Hey, I never caught your name." The young man signed. DC smiled tiredly.

"DC."

"I'm James." The young man signed. DC smiled at the young man before feeling tiredness slip over him and settled down to sleep, calm steady breathing filling the room.

"You're doing good dad." James said with a smile before disappearing. "This is a good one."