Struggle

abuse tw 

unhealthy eating patterns tw

DC stared down at the food in front of him.

The food stared back.

It had been a mistake, DC thought, talking to Janet about his terrible food habits. She told him to start eating whenever it was time to, despite how much work he got done, and DC figured if he didn't tell his partners this then he could just carry on with what he was doing.

Unfortunately he absent mindedly told Utah and it had gotten back to his partners soon enough.

DC knew he screwed up when California strode into his office and announced dinner was ready, and as soon as he said that he'd grab a plate later, felt himself being pulled up and ordered to eat. It wasn't the normal playful ordering either, it was forceful, and DC somehow knew his boyfriend's knew about Janet's suggestion.

He'd been staring down at the plate of ramen for the past half an hour while the states twittered around him, trying to think of some way of getting out of this. He thought back to the pile of work left on his desk, to his father screaming at him that he wasn't allowed to eat until he finished his schoolwork, and feeling heat in his hands from various punishments if he dared to sneak food. DC couldn't do it.

"I....I'm good." DC muttered.

"Dee you didn't touch your food!" Florida gasped.

"Look I'm sure it'll taste better reheated, but I have a stack of work that needs to be done." DC announced pushing out his chair, before feeling someone pull it back in.

"Nope. You're eating and then you can go back to work." Texas announced.

"Tex...."

"Don't Tex me! How do you expect to work on an empty stomach?" Texas demanded.

"I've done it before." DC mumbled looking back at his bowl.

"Darlin', please. Try." Louisiana begged. DC picked up his spoon again and dug it into the broth, pulling up some bits and pieces of the food. He stared down at the contents and brought the spoon up to his lips.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT. I told you no food until you finished that project! Go to the bathroom RIGHT NOW and spit it up! You've lost dinner for tonight AND tomorrow!"

"NO." DC yelled dropping the spoon.

"Too hot?" California asked as DC jumped up.

"I can't do this! I need to work." DC announced storming off.

"Hey get the fuck back here and finish your dinner!" New York yelled after his boyfriend as Louisiana and Florida followed.

"Dee you need this!" Florida begged as DC leaned against the door, panting.

"I need to work, I can eat later." DC hissed.

"Darlin'...."

"Leave me alone." DC ordered before opening the office and slamming the door behind him, making everyone flinch. DC panted on the other side and slid down the door, trying to calm his breathing and stop any tears from falling.

He had work to do.

DC scribbled some notes on some papers, ignoring the clock that blinked ten o'clock. After his show at supper, no one came in to yell at him about eating, and DC preferred it better this way. Once he was done with these papers then he could eat, why couldn't anyone understand this?

But god he was hungry.

The fed clutched the small part of his stomach, trying to dull the pain with the last few drops of his coffee from his mug. If he wanted more, he'd have to go out to the kitchen and his partners would probably make him eat again. He was trying to power through, ignoring the sounds his stomach was making, signing the paper and moving onto the next one. Then his stomach gave a particular yell that was so painful he nearly keeled over in pain.

"FUCK." DC whisper-shouted, praying no one heard that. His body was betraying him, demanding he eat. It was so strange, when he was a kid he could go weeks without eating, why did it suddenly decide it wanted food now? DC bit his lip and formulated a plan in his head before standing up and going to his door. Quietly he listened for any sign of life before opening the door, peeking out into the hallway.

It was quiet. The states were either in bed or had all gone out.

DC stepped out into the hallway and made his way to the kitchen, breath catching when he saw his abandoned ramen bowl still waiting for him where he sat at dinner. He stepped closer to the bowl, his head screaming at him.

"PUT YOUR HAND OVER IT NOW, WHAT DID I TELL YOU?"

DC picked up the bowl, staring at the contents.

"YOU DON'T GET TO EAT OR SLEEP UNTIL YOU'VE FINISHED YOUR WORK."

He stirred the contents with a spoon and picked it up, a good hefty amount laying on the bowl.

"THROW IT UP RIGHT NOW."

DC's breath was hard.

"YOU HAVE WORK TO DO, YOU CAN'T EAT."

"FUCK YOU I'M HUNGRY." DC yelled before shoving the entire spoon in his mouth. Instantly his taste buds exploded with flavor, usually he wasn't a fan of when California was on his vegan bullshit, but this....this was so good. He barely finished chewing before grabbing another spoonful and shoving it in his mouth.

"Rosie?" A soft voice called and DC whipped around, facing his partners who just came back from some sort of adventure. Shame filled him.

"I.....'m......'m sorry..." DC muttered his mouth full of food trying to put the bowl down.

"Hey. Stop that." New York ordered instantly at DC's side and grabbed the bowl.

"I....I didn't finish...." DC whispered.

"Dee you're eating without finishing your work!" Florida said proudly, eyes lighting up.

"I....." DC swallowed. He felt Texas slowly take him in his arms and make him sit down. The hunger drowned out the voice again, and he quickly grabbed another spoonful, popping it in his mouth.

"Poppy....this is so good...." DC whispered.

"See, I knew you'd like vegan ramen." California said proudly.

"Oh I added some cajun season to it, hope you don't mind." Louisiana explained as DC swallowed his next bite and went some more.

"It's alright 'nolia, it probably made it better." California said with a soft smile turning to face his boyfriend who was just finishing up his ramen. DC felt content, he felt full, he felt happier then he had for the longest time. He looked down at the empty bowl almost sadly, before getting it ripped away from him.

"I'll fill you up with some more." Florida announced in a sing-song voice skipping to the kitchen.

"Y'know you probably like it so much because I added some beef seasoning to it with puddin' was done." Texas said proudly patting his partner on the back.

"TEXAS." California yelled.

"Oh what why do you think I had two bowls of it myself?"