LaLaLa

It's just a cigarette, and it cannot be that bad

Five o'clock in the morning Florida awoke, wincing at the sounds of muffled shouting. He glanced over at New York still sleeping next to him, and frowned. Where was that coming from?

Honey, don't you love me and you know it makes me sad?

"Yorkie....Yorkie do you hear that?" Florida whispered shaking his boyfriend awake.

"Just the sound of you waking me up." New York groaned opening his eyes.

"No....no really listen." Florida ordered. New York paused for a moment before sitting up in bed.

"Yeah....the hell is that?" New York whispered.

It's just a cigarette like you always used to do

Both boyfriends got out of bed and opened Florida's door, revealing California on the other side ready to knock.

"Did you guys hear it too?" California whispered.

"Is it the TV?" Florida suggested pointing to the TV in the living room that was playing some weird Adult Swim cartoon.

"Nah, that's been on Robot Chicken for the past thirty minutes." California explained as the other three boyfriends approached.

"What's that screaming?" Texas asked to the other's shrugs.

It's just a cigarette like you always used to do

All at once, the screaming stopped, making the boyfriends even more puzzled than they already were.

"So what do we do now?" New York asked.

"I can break out the ouija board." Louisiana suggested.

"The screaming..." California whispered looking down the hall. "The screaming came from...."

"Don't say it." Florida begged.

"DC's office."

It's just a cigarette, and it harms your pretty lungs

The boyfriends approached DC's office, the only sounds being their own soft breathing and the TV playing in the background. Louisiana took a deep breath and opened the door, light hitting his eyes and confirming their worst fears.

DC was face down on his desk on a pile of papers, two coffee mugs next to him, panting hard like he just ran a marathon. His face was wet from tears, and there was a lone tear falling from one of his eyes, signifying that he had just fallen asleep.

Well, it's only twice a week, so there's not much of a chance

"Fuck I told him to go to bed." Texas hissed as Louisiana pushed past the group to DC's desk. With one gentle heave, he hoisted DC up and he and Florida picked the fed up and put him in California's arms. DC didn't even move at being picked up, he just continued to slumper against the nation-states chest.

New York grabbed DC's laptop and slammed it shut, looking back in shock as Texas grabbed it.

"I'm burning this."

It's just a cigarette; it'll soon be only ten

"Tex you're being ridiculous...."

"This is what makes him overwork himself! If I get rid of this, he won't do this to himself." Texas pointed out.

"You know this isn't what makes him overwork himself." Florida said. "And if we wreck his laptop, it'll crush him."

"The best we can do sha, is give him a relaxing day tomorrow." Louisiana pointed out. Texas breathed hard before putting his laptop down, albeit a little less gently then he should.

"Cmon bonnie." California whispered. "Let's get rosie to bed."

Honey, can you trust me?, when I want to stop I can

California laid DC on his bed, the fed not even responding as he snuggled into his bed. Florida pushed past all his partners and crawled into bed next to him, holding him tight and keeping him on the bed. DC just continued to snore, unaware of the distress his partners felt.

It's just a cigarette, and it's just a Marlboro Light
Maybe, but is it worth it if we fight?

DC was going to die if he kept this up, but he didn't know any other life.

He was ticking time bomb.