and yes it's angsty

New idea I've sorta fallen into 

Besides DC and to a lesser extent, IDC and Gov (they're annoyed by them more then anything), no one in Washington....really thinks of their states? Or respects them?

Like to me that Makes Sense. They talk a big game every election but get to Washington and it's 'LOL who are you' 

This isn't why DC didn't start the meetings, oh no, through all his fucked up childhood he's always cared for the states. But the Cold War did a number on him, he saw one too many nuclear war movies and was scared to get close to them. 

AND DC'S IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH FIVE OF THEM AND CONSIDERS TWO TO BE HIS DAD FIGURES, like imagine knowing that back in Washington. I'm sure he gets people trying to convince him he can do better. 

Anyway follow up to the last idea; DC beginning to hallucinate due to lack of sleep between January 15th and the inauguration. Like full on dreamcore hallucinations. 

TBH a combination of what happened the 6th, what his boss did to him, and just everything in general probably brought the trauma front row and center for him

Basically I'm implying he wasn't sleeping well even if he wanted to, he was probably having nightmares 

Like bitchyass_tacos idea when Florida was a ghost, I imagine DC for a bit has a problem when he's alone, because the last time he was alone he was separated from Gov and IDC when the Capitol was under attack

Like imagine glassy-eyed DC sitting at the dinner table, disheveled and a mess,  and then just...starts laughing. 

They were worried he was truly broken 

*Speaking of dreamcore look I'm not saying I'm special or anything but as someone who grew up on Salad Fingers and that type of early Flash stuff, I....I don't get the scariness of Possibly in Michigan I'm sorry*