Of All People, Why Did It Had To Be You?

"So, why don't you like talking to people?" Ace asked you, completely taking advantage of Mr.Shanks sleeping on the desk as the rest of the class either fought or laughed with each other. But you, you're just trying to survive the rest of the day with ignoring Ace. That boy can talk and flirt without even knowing, and it bothered you a lot. "Hey, Ace-ya, she doesn't want to talk to you. Take the hint already." Turning to look at Law, he wore an annoyed face as in 'please stop, you're embarrassing" type of face. Ace in the other hand laughed, "But I don't want her to feel left out!" "That's what she wants. Not everyone wants to be all loved like you." Now the tension got thick between the two. With no second thoughts, you sliced the thick air and leaned back, "Look, the reason I don't want to talk to you pigs is because it's a waste of time. I want to survive these few years alone and successful with my goals. There, a happy ending no?" Ace frown, "No...." Law went back to whatever he was doing while you did the same. Ace, although, talked to Sabo and Luffy. He did feel sad that you haven't really open up to him, but he wasn't going to give up here.

And that wasn't what you wanted.

"Y/n!!!!" Knowing who exactly shout for your name, you continue walking faster. "Wait!" Ace manage to catch up, his hand catching your wrist. "Ooh...." The girls near the scene stared at the two of you like they were watching one of those weird Korean dramas. Turning to look at the freckled boy, snatching your arm away from his grip, he smiled cheekily at you, "Let's walk home together!" "No." "Come on...." Ace walked next to you, making small conversations that can make you answer back. "Hey-" "Don't waste my breath with stupid questions, go walk home with your brothers." Ace laughed, "Can't! Sabo and Luffy already left in car!" Completely ignoring his answer, you stared at the sky, 'So hot....' "Wow, you're sweating a lot!" Looking at the 6 foot male, he cringed at the sight of sweat dropping down your chin. "I'm a human being, of course I'll be sweating during this time of the year. What are you, an idiot?" Ace crumbled, "N-No!" Now that you realize, Ace isn't sweating at all. The fact that there wasn't any single drop on his skin, or the bright smile plastered on his face 24/7 scared you either one. 'Freak.'

"Oh? Is this your stop?" Ace looked at your form, which made its way to the front door. "This was fun! We should do this again on Monday, no?" Looking at Ace, you looked around and then back again. "Whatever, you weren't bad for heat distraction." Ace smiled warmly, his lips just continued curling upwards as you walked inside your house. Once you shut the door close, he hop from excitement. "Yes!"

"Ooh, who was that boy, Y/n? Huh? Tell me?" Your mother giggled, making your skin crawl, "A nobody." "Don't say words like that!" Closing your door, quickly turning your fan on, you threw yourself on your bed and looked at the ceiling. 'He's so annoying....' tossing around, you looked at your twitching hand, 'Stop it...he's going to forget you anyways....' Your eyes slowly closed themselves, all you could see was black, but the fact that it's so relaxing to see was just the best thing you can ever feel. The stress quickly drained away from you, as you were already deep to slumber.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"Y/n, wake your ass up!" Quickly standing up, you looked around while trying to get your vision in place. Once your eyes laid on your mothers form, she smiled wide at you, "What?" "Get your ass ready, you'll be visiting your grandma." "Wait-Really, why all of a sudden?" "She wants you to drop by, because of a garden theory?" Your eyes widened, "Okay! I'll be off then!" "Huh, aren't you going to eat breakfast?"

"Breakfast....?" Your mother giggled, "You damn brat, it's 6 in the morning. You should be helping your grandma with breakfast hours at her cafe." Your eyes sparkled, 'Even perfect!' "Alright, I'm off!"

"Sometimes that girl makes me think that she loves my mother more than me..."

Arriving so early at the shop, you open the door open, smiling wide, "Grandma, I'm here!" "Ooh! My dearest Y/n, I want you to meet my new employer!" Opening your eyes to see this person, your heart drop. Killer, the schools bad boy hot best friend. 'What the fuck is he doing here....?!' Your grandma took notice of your face expression change at the sight of her young employee. "Do you two know each other? Y/n you need to smile more!" Killer cleared his throat, "No, we're just in the same class..." "Oh my, that's good! Y/n, Killer over here will be working under me! Along with you!" 'Yeah, I rather get shot multiple times and get sliced across my throat very slowly, then get near this guy...' That's what you will like to say, but your dear grandma doesn't know your combats are harsher than a pit of lava getting rid of family's by a natural volcano eruption. Taking deep breaths, you stood in front of your grandmother as she introduce the two of you like her life depends on it.

"Now, I'll be leaving to pick up my ingredients from my lady. Y/n, be kind to Killer, he is still new to everything! Please take care of my store, bye!" "Bye!!" Killer stared at you as if you're crazy. The fact that he has never seen you act like this scared him. Now that your grandmother left, your face turn into the one he knows best.

"I will only be teaching you everything once. Don't make me repeat myself." "Alright."

To your surprise, Killer got the hang of it really fast. It didn't bother you one bit, in fact he didn't bother you. It was literally a calming day, and he was also enjoying himself by helping the customers. Currently, he watered your grandmothers plants outside. You just finished attending a customer, you leaned on the counter and admire Killer through the window. You can't lie, he's handsome indeed even if his hair is covering half his face, you can already connect the dots of how gorgeous he is. But when he looks so calm while watering the plants was sending your warmth, his smile...you've never seen it on him. He was always wearing that stiff look, so it was something new to you.

Killer turn towards your way and froze at the sight of you looking at him. It seems like you didn't notice due to him waving at you, but he didn't get any response. Your eyes were still studying his relaxed features.

On the other hand, Killer was amused at your facial expressions, but he thought of it as you spacing out. So he let it go and continue with his works. He did took glances towards your way once a while, and once he did it again, you were off talking to strangers with a fake smile that he didn't like at all. It did look genuine, but he could sense your vibe from outside.

Waving the last customer goodbye, you locked the door, and went to get the cleaning supplies. On the other hand, Killer relaxed near the counter and admire your form as it makes its way towards him. "Take it." Killer kindly grabbed the broom, as you started to spray a substance on the counters and tables. The blond man sweep the floor, but stopped near the stairs at the sound of stuff moving. He got closer, with fighting stand, but relaxed once he realize it was a cat. "Meow...." Killer smiled at the sight of the cat, it was walking slow, in fact it made its way towards you. "Ah, Mr.Whiskers." Killer raised an eyebrow, "That's the name of the cat?" "Got a problem with that?" "No...." Killer stood in front of you, petting the cat while it purrs. "This is the first time he doesn't hiss at a stranger...." You admire Killer while he completely ignored your comment. "What an old cat...." Sighing, you placed the cat on his arm, "If you're not going to do your job, then give me the broom." Killer was taken back at your words, he sat down and continue with giving his attention to the cat. Of course, he admire your form once a while.

'Damn it, I wanna leave already, but grams isn't here yet!' Placing the supplies away, you patiently waited on a seat with Killer not too far away from you. "How old is he?" "15." Killer frown at the sight of your sad face, he knew that the cat was having health issues and it was far too close to the end of his life. "Well, I'm sorry sir, am I bothering you?" Killer smiles as the cat meowed comfortably on his shoulders. "You must be a good person." "Huh?" "Mr.Whiskers only likes those that are really nice and calm. Responsible in general." Killer shrugged, "I don't consider myself a nice person, but I can say I'm patient and calm." "Hm...you sure are. Usually, my grams co-workers don't like working with me due to my bad communication." Killer placed the cat down. "So you are aware of your skill?" Glaring at Killer, he chuckled, "Look, I was raised weird alright. I was send to a camp for high educational kids, then moved into a strangers house, which I thought were my family, and then my grandma raised me for a while." "So you live with your grandma?" "Not anymore, I live with my mom and dad. If you meet them, they're polar opposite to me." Killer nodded "How highly educational are you?" "No clue. All I know that I was send to Red Line High, the high skilled leveled area of the school, and out of nowhere I'm here, in class, with a bunch of students that aren't even in the same year with each other." Killer nodded, "You probably did something to make you transfer to the delinquents side." "Probably my shitty attitude." "I doubt it...." Killer whispered, which caught your attention, "What?" "Nothing. I'm sure it's something else. Teachers shouldn't worry about attitude, but educational requests." "Yeah...."

'Why am I even talking about this with you, in the first place!? God, those rumors were right...this man can make anyone talk without even trying.....'