How Did This Happen?

Silently making your way back home, you admire the busy streets of Downtown Grand Line. It was sudden that it happen, but it was relaxing to watch the people enjoying themselves outside, laughing and all. "Oh? Oh!!! It's that girl who cursed Ace!" Knowing who exactly it was, by the voice, you turned to look at the male. He smiled wide at the sight of your gloomy eyes, the fact that it made him want to talk to you was also concerning you. And how may you know that? Well...he was making his way towards you. "Ooh! You're pretty short." "We're a few inches apart..." Luffy laughed, "Say, what do you think about hanging out with me? Be my friend!" "No." Luffy frown, "B-But why not?" He followed you, making you feel a familiar nostalgia, or it was just similar actions. That is due to Luffy being related to Ace.

"I'm already handling your brother, I don't want another one on my tail." "But I won't be on your tail! I'll be next to you!" Taking in Luffy's innocent words, you slapped your forehead, "Great..." Looking straight at Luffy's eyes, you mentally prepared your next harsh words, but the sight of his face was so relaxing that nothing came out. "So? What do you think?" Luffy blinked twice, amazed written all over his face. "Do whatever you like, just don't follow me the whole entire time." Luffy cheered, hand on your shoulders, as he skip his way next to you. "So, where are we going?" "We? You mean where IM going? To my house that is." "Cool! I heard from Ace that you live near our house too! Like a few blocks apart!" "Hm...is that so....wait, what?"

Luffy stood next to your form as your parents gawked at the sight of the boy next to your emotionless form. "Y-Y/n...you should've told us that you'll be bringing guest...." "Hm? Why do you guys care about that all of a sudden?"

'Plus...he came without any invitation.'

You parents laughed nervously, "Don't you remember? Today we're hosting family dinner!" Your blood went cold. "Hm? Family dinner? What's so important-?" "It's nothing special! Don't worry, you can stay! It's just our family coming over for game night and such!" "Awesome, will there be a lot of food?" "Of course, I'm sure you need a lot of food for a big boy like you!" Your mother giggled while your father nodded, making you cringe. "Y/n your family is so awesome!" "Sure." Luffy followed you to your room, automatically jumped on your bed. "Gah, so comfy!" Taking out clothes from your drawer, you made your way towards your restroom, "Stay here, I'm going to change." "Okay!"

Finally finishing, you looked around to find Luffy nowhere. "Did he finally decided to leave?" Sighing in relief, you walked towards your bed, but all of a sudden felt arms wrapped around your waist. "Yo!" "AUGH!?" Quickly karate chopping Luffy's head, he backed away from pain. "Ouch! What was that for!?" "You're the one who attacked first! I did it as self defense...." "What!? I just scared you!?" Squinting your eyes, you sat down on your bed, Luffy following along. "Why are you so quiet?" "Why do you talk too much?" "I do?" Biting the inside of your cheek, you can feel the warmth between the two of you. Luffy was calm, and the fact that his aura made you relax was something you should be worried about. Plus, the popular boy is at your house, in your room. You had to get rid of the brothers before more attention gets dragged towards you. "Y/n!!!! Your cousins are here!!"

'Great.....'

"You don't look too happy...?" Luffy stared at your eyes, face close to yours. "Don't get it wrong, I just never met this family until last year. I still feel uncomfortable." Luffy nodded, "Ooh!" Luffy laughed, then he made a face expression as if he thought of an idea. "Let's sneak out?" "With you? Hell no." "Come onnn, I'm an expert." "Hmph, you look like it." Luffy grin wide, his fingers wrapped around your hand opening your window with his other. "Alright, that's a good spot." Luffy hopped out first, landing freshly onto the grass. "Wow! That was high, shishishi!" Luffy now stared up at you, arms stretched wide open. "What's wrong?" "Uh...I've never sneaked out before. Plus, how the fuck did you jump off a two story house? What are you made out of, rubber?" Luffy stared confuse, "My grandpa said that my pass self was probably a rubber man." "That doesn't make sense-that wasn't a compliment!" Luffy laughed, "Jump, I'll catch you!" "I rather get ran over by a train then to be touched by you again." "Come on!" Why was this boy making you feel comfortable, it was the first time this had happen after so long. "Fine." Feeling the breeze slap your face, you shot your eyes close and bit the bottom of your lip, preparing for whatever was coming.

"Do you have something in your eyes?" Opening your eyes to see Luffy close to your face, then all of your senses came back, you felt arms on your back and the back of your knees, your hands clenched together, and of course Luffy's concern face. "No...I just-" "Eh, maybe there's bugs. I should've thought of that first." You were placed down safely while Luffy looked up, left arm fixing his straw hat, and the other placed on his waist. "Hm...then next time, we should leave through the door." "If we did that, my mom will kill the both of us." "Is that so."

You can feel your eyes twitching from annoyance, 'This boy is literally driving me to the last nerve....' Luffy walked forward, with you behind. "Where should we go?" "We?" Luffy turn to look at you, "Yeah? We should go to my house!" "Being with you and your brothers, yeah no thanks. You can go home, I'll go somewhere else by myself." Luffy frowned at the sight of your form leaving. "Wait! I'll come with." "No, leave me alone." "Hm? I can't hear you!" Sucking your teeth, you ignored his presence and walked up a hill, Luffy widened his eyes at the beautiful scenery before him. Completely unaware that he just walked pass your backyard, which there was a forest beyond.

There was a bunch of flowers everywhere, and right where you stood at the top, you can see the city. It was still day time, but that's what makes it more impressive. "Woah...I've never been here..." "Oh...really...." You sat down to look at the birds flying above you. Luffy was still stun, he soon came back to earth and sat next to you, on the grass, and smiled wide. "I never knew that this was behind your backyard!?" "It's not my backyard, it's just further more back." "But nobody comes here?" You nod your head, "Then this is yours!" "I guess...I've never thought of it like that...." Luffy laughed, sighing in disbelief at the sight of your warm expression. "You're pretty funny." "What do you mean?" "You talk a lot of harsh words to others, but when you talk to me, you're pretty calm!" Frowning at his words, you pulled down his straw hat, pushing his face with it, as his body fully laid on the ground. Seeing him laugh at your action, he slightly moved the straw hat, his left eye glaze at yours sweetly, making you feel butterflies on your stomach. "Join my friend group." Was his next words.

The nice feeling soon went away, "Yeah, no." Luffy quickly sat up, straw hat complete forgotten. "Yes you are!" "What at are you, a child?" "Nope, but you're pretty weird, so join my crew!" "Weird?" Luffy chuckled, "Yeah!" Staring at his hat, you frown and ignored his few words, but one sentence had caught your attention. "You're so good with combats, I bet you'll be awesome with me and my friends!" '"Friends"...what a lame word.' Luffy grabbed his straw hat, placing it on as he stood up. "I'm not lying. People may say mean words about you but...." The wind blew, your hair and Luffy's shirt flow at the pressure, but Luffy seem to not mind it and looked at you with a warm smile, "I don't think they're telling the truth. You're so nice and calm, that it makes me want to be your friend too!" Your eyes sparkled at the sight of Luffy's calm expression. "What do you mean, "too"?" "If Ace is your friend, I wanna get to know you too!" Luffy pouted like a child. That made you frown.

"What if Ace was never my friend?" Luffy's lips made a straight line. "Hm...then I wouldn't know who you are!" That was when all your feeling completely left your warm body. You stood up and walked towards your home. "Hey, where are you going!?" Luffy ran towards you, "Away from you." Luffy stopped, your words seem to sting him.

But it doesn't mean that he was giving up. He will make you be his friend, whether you like it or not.