Prologue

🏵️

🏵️

The heavens were on dispute that night. The sinking sun like a blotch of red in the golden fabric of heavens. The sand beneath , a reflection of the same being soaked with blood of millions. The war was over.

Suthanu could still feel the fresh smell of blood. She had left from the camp disappointed with the turn of events. The news that her father Bhima had struck down a fallen Duryodhan on his head was traumatic. Duryodhan was unjust but her father had always been righteous then such inappropriate step ? Even her discussion with Bhanu about her thoughts couldn't calm her down.

She hadn't even bid farewell to her fathers and left to Virata giving the information to her brothers who nodded. The camps of her side were drowned in a sea of victory. But she knew her father's weren't happy even a bit , the losses were too much to count on.

There was a conclusion to the victory , it was nothing more than not getting defeated anymore yet a defeat of the heart prominent. She could feel the cries of Aryavarta even as she led her way through the empty sands , her heart breaking. Not once , did she feel calm even after the victory.

" Shera , why do I feel such heaviness in my heart ? The same stab that I had felt when..." , Suthanu paused in her thoughts even as she dared to complete it , " with Bhrata Abhimanyu , Jyeshtha Ghatotkach and Bhrata Iravan's demise ".

The horse , Shera was restless like her own self. She could feel every breath of air snatching something precious from her. She pulled the reins halting her horse. Keeping her hand on her racing heart , she closed her eyes.

" Janaka Mahadeva , show me the way " , she prayed. Just as she opened her eyes , she saw a deer caught in fire. The mother deer trying her best to save yet failing for the fire had already grown. Shera jumped due to the fire as Suthanu controlled the reins. Unfortunately , she had no weapon and the fire was out of control to be extinguished by sand. Suthanu hurriedly dismounted her horse as she took the mother deer away from the fire.

Even before she could think about the incident , her brothers face came to her instantly.

" No " , her cry was loud and sharp. Shera moved towards her understanding its master's heart as Suthanu mounted it hastily.

" Shera " , Suthanu couldn't say a word , " Be quick ". The horse sped leaving behind gusts of sand. Constant prayers were on her lips and tears already coming to her eyes. She wasn't prepared for the inevitable circles of fate this time.