35 | Progression with Reforms

-|| Progression with Reforms ||-

" Where growth meets wisdom, and change finds purpose ".

◊◊◊

The court of Sudharma fell silent as Bhanu rose from his place and he gestured Dhruv to stand beside him with the clauses of the treaty. His eyes momentarily met Suthanu who stood on the first floor of the court along with the other royal queens veiled by a curtain. Suthanu blinked her eyes in assurance giving him a smile. 

" The nobles of Yadu , DwarkaSreshta Balarama  , Dwarkadeesha , respected ministers and officials accept my greeting " , Bhanu folded his palms together. 

Krishna and Balarama nodded their head with smile. 

" I , Bhanu Krishna Yaduvanshi stand before you all to appeal for my responsibility towards my birth land and my family. I stand before you all as the King of Indraprastha which is a duty I cannot deny but I appeal as the prince of Dwarka hoping that my voice shall be heard before judgements ! " , Bhanu's voice resonated to the halls of Sudharma. The court broke into whispers as Krishna raised his palm letting silence prevail. 

" Rajakumara Bhanu , what is your appeal?" , Krishna's voice echoed. 

" The highest royals of Dwarka " , Bhanu looked at Krishna and Balarama , "  I have earnestly dealt with the responsibility of the royal treasury through the years of my teenage under Maharani Satyabhama and I have never given you an oppotunity of smallest complaints. In the recent times due to my lordship over Indraprastha there was a shift in this duty and to regain that responsibility under constrained clauses of mutual agreement is my earnest appeal to you ! If I receive your kind permit , I shall read the clauses to the court " , Bhanu's voice put the court into a hustle this time , a chaos of positive agreements and bitter disagreements ran through the nobles. 

" My Lord , I see no necessity for this " , A noble rose to his feet beside Kritverma looking at Krishna and Balarama , " Pardon my lack of knowledge and please enlighten me if I have missed a valid cause to consider the appeal of the prince."

" I would like to answer this on the behalf of the king if permitted " , Pradyumna rose to his feet looking at Krishna who blinked his eyes in acceptance. 

" The royal treasury is facing an acute crisis after the war of Kurukshetra as you all know. I have enlisted the potential causes for the depleting resources in the treasury in the last court meeting. There are loopholes yet undefined , the right places are not tapped upon and a solid solution to the problem encountered is yet to be drafted. Our treasury is depleting at a faster rate and if this is not handled with caution and mostly experience - we will loss on our wealth and thus our livelihood " , Pradyumna looked at the nobles , " Rajakumara Bhanu stands as the figure to know the system in and out , his expertise in the same has never caused us a concern to the treasury in the past several years. At this crucial hour , we need him the most ".