2 | The Labyrinth of Despair

-|| The Labyrinth of Despair ||- 

Darkness come prevail my entire being that I drown in your circles forever. 

◊◊◊

The sun dipped into the horizon painting the canvas of nature crimson with every stroke. A picture that emitted from the lands below that was soaked with blood.

Suthanu lifted her eyes at the sound of foot steps. The Pandavas and Krishna walked towards them. Relieved, she felt as she looked at Draupadi who still sat in praya.

Yudhisthira bent on his knee looking at Draupadi for a moment.

" Panc..." , the word struck to his throat. His gaze met with the other Pandavas who had tears too. Panchali , the princess of Panchala - a province that perished within a night.

" Krishnaa " , he called out placing a hand on her shoulder counting his words , " Ashwatthama is defeated. But we didn't kill him for the debts we owe to Guru Dronacharya and Gurumata".

" I never demanded that Swami " , Draupadi opened her eyes hearing his words , " I understand you  , five even more than you all can ".

Yudhisthira forwarded the gem as Draupadi held it , closing it in his own palms. Yudhisthira held her gaze looking deeply into her eyes.

It came as a shock to everyone present as well.

The broken pieces of Yudhisthira's heart shattered more.

" What does it have to remind me : a failed father or a blood-stained king ? " , Yudhisthira couldn't hold his thoughts as he whispered softly.

" I give it to the person who has won me all over again. I give it to the person who honoured me more than any Dharma. A person who didn't think nor question once when I demanded justice for my clan now. The one who only asked me , how would he prove that the sinner is punished. Swami , this gem is yours to keep because you have earned my love in true sense  back for all the years that I would live" , Draupadi's words brought tears to Yudhisthira's eyes. He had unknowingly amended something which he had failed once. Even this crucial moment , she hadn't forgotten maybe she had never unloved him in the first place.

Draupadi rose from her place along with Yudhisthira as he held her hand supporting her.

Suthanu was wordless for a moment. There was something that brought winds to her seeing her parents settled at the mid of chaos or perhaps it was just the silence before the rising storm.

The next few moments passed in breakdown of the Pandavas as they conversed with Krishna about the possibilities of the slaughter of the scions of Kuru.

" Ashwatthama could have never done such deeds without the blessing of Lord Rudra , Parth " , Krishna spoke softly , " It is only with Mahakaala's blessing that he could have killed our sons ".