9 | Scars of the Past

-|| Scars of the past ||-

Within the echoes of time, the scars of the past bleed their eternal tale.

◊◊◊

In the realm of ethereal hues, where twilight's gentle embrace relinquishes its hold, behold the enchantment that unfolds as dawn's arrival graces the stage. Golden tendrils of sunlight caress the slumbering visage of the earth, bidding adieu to the nocturnal veil that veiled its beauty. With every breath, nature awakens in hushed whispers, as the sun's radiant kisses awaken dormant souls, heralding the commencement of a new chapter in life's symphony.

In the midst of this celestial display, Bhanu, his heart adorned with a smile, turned his attention to the approaching footsteps. Dhruv, swathed in a pristine white angavastram, appeared, perhaps returning from his morning prayers.

"Have you forsaken sleep throughout the night?" Dhruv voiced his concern, his words wrapped in gentle worry.

"I shan't perish for want of a single night's rest," Bhanu jestingly interrupted, only to be halted by Dhruv's earnest intervention.

"Bhanu," Dhruv exclaimed, his palm resting gently on Bhanu's shoulder, "Never let such words escape your lips again. May I never witness a day where such a fate befalls you."

Bhanu's smile blossomed, acknowledging his dear friend's concern, a warrior cloaked in perspiration and distress, triggered by the mere mention of his demise.

"I spoke in jest, dear Dhruv," Bhanu reassured, shaking his head. "Fear not, for I possess countless years to endure your mischief and whims. I shan't bid you adieu anytime soon."

"I shall ensure you never grow weary," Dhruv replied, jestingly but with a tinge of seriousness. "You waited here all through the night?"

"I did," Bhanu gestured Dhruv to silence as he sensed the shifting shadows.

Stepping forward, with Dhruv trailing behind, Bhanu bowed in salutation as he approached Yudhisthira and Draupadi, who stood taken aback by his unannounced presence.

"Bhanu, you should have informed us that you waited here all night," Yudhisthira spoke softly, exchanging a glance with Draupadi, their thoughts mirroring each other. "Jyeshtha Pita, the solace your and Mata's presence brings surpasses any magic my side could conjure to Suthanu. Seeing both of you here has alleviated my worries about Suthanu's well-being."

Bhanu offered a warm smile, his eyes filled with affection, as Yudhisthira's comforting palm found its place upon his shoulder.

"The wait was not an easy burden to bear, was it?" Yudhisthira inquired, his voice tender. "It wasn't, Jyestha Pita, but I held steadfast in my belief that she would be safe. She cannot depart from me so abruptly, for she knows that without her, I am but a mere existence."