5 | Shattered Reflections

-|| Shattered Reflections ||- 

"Unveiling sorrow's veil, where shadows reside, a journey to unravel the depths where misery hides."

◊◊◊

Suthanu could feel the chill of the night in her bones. It seemed the longest night of her life contemplating where to begin this war of her life.She stared at the idol of Maha Gauri trying to get some sign.

Soon , the sound of the wild animals alarmed her. Post war , she could see a gradual rise in the scavengers owing to the blood that flowed in rivers.

" Please save me "

Suthanu stood up on her feet. Who could cry at this late hour ?

As she walked , she took a wooden stick lying on the ground. Her eyes widened finding a small boy set at the target of a hyena.

She rushed to stand beside the boy who quickly went behind her holding her drape tightly. Suthanu pushed the boy away as she sensed the animal was about to bounce.

She clenched her jaw as she fell on the ground with the animal on top of her as she tried defending with a stick pressed on the hyena's mouth.

She put her entire strength as she pushed the animal behind successfully within few moments.

' Being the princess of this land if I can't let an innocent forsake his life ' , Suthanu strengthened her will as she ran towards the animal as it jumped again but this time Suthanu attacked with the stick on its abdomen making it fall down with a bleed.

' Forgive me , Maata. I had no choice than this ' , Suthanu mentally seeked an apology to the fallen animal.

A lady who seemingly had to be the boy's grandmother rushed to his side as Suthanu smiled moving to them.

" Child , why did you come out in this night ? " , the lady scolded the boy next hugging him.

" He is fine , Kaki " , Suthanu uttered gently making the lady look at her for the first time.

" I don't know who you are , Vatse but you are a Devi in my eyes. My whole life is in debt to you " , the lady joined her palms as Suthanu held it in hers.

" Humanity owes no gratitude , Kaki. Any human in place would have done it " , Suthanu smiled gently.

" Not all , Vatse. Humanity is lost these days even royals don't have it " , the rage was clear to Suthanu's eyes whose face turned pale at the remark.

" Forgive me , Vatse. He is my sole reason for survival after losing both my son and daughter-in-law in this war. Please ask something from me to ease my own heart " , the lady's eyes now shined with warmth.